Check out this beautiful house

WandaPA

Seriously, I think I can see one or two human teeth mixed into the curio cabinets...which i find fascinating and frightening!! lol!

It blends in well with the skeleton...but it scares me.

And intrigues me.

What fun!

this is the most lavish house i have ever seen.

to begin with, i am nowhere in her league. i am not within ten thousand miles of her. a hundred thousand. i understand she has way more money than i do, better taste, decorating sense, access to vendors, etc.

but what i would like to ask her is HOW. how do you pull a house like this off? do you have a rigid collecting strategy-- buy only the right items, right size, right color? how do you know when you start out what is going to be right? or do you buy whatever appeals to you until you have several warehouses of minis, then pull out the ones that "go together?" how many years does that take?

how many years did this house take?

i started out collecting miniatures (off & on) over 20 years ago. if i had known then where i was going i could have saved (for me) a small fortune. i am still furnishing the same few dollhouses. besides money, taste, skill, contacts, experience, awareness, etc., what does this woman have that i don't?

i am so envious i could pop!

Bee - thank you. You summarized exactly what I was thinking. I just keep looking at all of the detail everywhere. And I would love to get the answers to the questions you posed!

And I agree with Janet too - I always like to see the whole house in one shot so that you can get an idea of the total layout. And what about the outside??

That is really quite the collection!! It all goes together so perfectly--I know just what you are saying Bee! I think I am sometimes too deliberate with decorating (in RL also) and I just can't make things work. I'm thinking that it must just come from "somewhere" when you're not really thinking about it....I think it flows when u relax and let the pieces take over and move themselves into position??

I think it's like fashion or cooking...I like outfits and accessories that I can see together and don't have to think too much --some women can "throw" a bunch of stuff on and it looks fabulous!! Or like cooking--these days, with picky kids and crazy schedules, I just don't have the "love" for it...I. My DH can look in the fridge, toss stuff in a pan, stir and it's sooo delicious!

Maybe sometimes some styles mini decorating iare like that :wave:

That is really quite the collection!! It all goes together so perfectly--I know just what you are saying Bee! I think I am sometimes too deliberate with decorating (in RL also) and I just can't make things work. I'm thinking that it must just come from "somewhere" when you're not really thinking about it....I think it flows when u relax and let the pieces take over and move themselves into position??

I think it's like fashion or cooking...I like outfits and accessories that I can see together and don't have to think too much --some women can "throw" a bunch of stuff on and it looks fabulous!! Or like cooking--these days, with picky kids and crazy schedules, I just don't have the "love" for it...I. My DH can look in the fridge, toss stuff in a pan, stir and it's sooo delicious!

Maybe sometimes some styles of mini decorating are like that :wave:

Bee, when I see somthing i like i look around till I find a good deal, I have been looking for a good desk, the first one I found I loved that desk but refused to pay 150 for a mini desk. No way, So I ordered 7 different desks none of which looked good in the room, you see the back is what is going to show. well at the end of may in a mini show I poted the same desk I first liked for 30!!!!!!!!! So i bought it, My lesson is don't settle youl get what you want eventual, oh by the way with all my extra desks its pretty close to the origanal price, if you wait it will come!. :cucumber: