major mini mishap

badlilkit10

i came home to a major disaster yesterday. My san fran wich i was getting ready to finish some work on the rehab of it and do the decore was in peices. I know i need to replace the roof that was for sure but now the whole thing is in peices. I was so upset. well here is what happened i had to move it into our bedroom while work was being done in my craft room with the cenral ac and what not and since the clean up was done in their besides a good mopping i was going to move it back in last night. He decided he was going to move it for me ( trying to be a good husband) well chris (my dh) didnt know how wobbly the walls were and it moved it the wrong way and the whole side caved in and the floors too so as i was crying when he got home from work he told me he would buy me a new one and we can bulid it together and he really wants to do it. I forgive him so its ok but im still very sad about it. So tonight while im cooking supper ill take the glue to the san fran and see what i can do :)

the good think out of it is I get to have him help me build a new house and its not going to be the san fran i think I'll finaly get my marquam hill

:(:)

Sorry for your loss,hope everything works out. In his defence that house is top heavy and awkward to move,even if its completely together.

I also love the MHM, the outside is a dream,just wish it were more detailed on the inside. The lowest price Ive seen for one is at orangeonions.com

Good luck...sounds like you have a sweet hubby:)

yea i found it on orangeonions.com he is going to order it for me soon so since our 2 year wedding anny is on the 20th he said that will be the im sorry and the anny present all in one wich is fine with me and ill get the san fran back together even if i have to do some bandage work lol :)

I've never heard of orangeonions.com (like I need another place to shop! :) ) but...

have you done business with them? I was poking around on their web site trying to find out more about them, but couldn't find any names or address??

i have never dealt with them before has anyone else?? im kind of scared to order it from them so we are going to wait a bit ill see if i can find more info on them. they come up when i google the marquam hill

ill get the san fran back together even if i have to do some bandage work lol :)

Well, shucks. The San Francisco was originally in pieces. It's just gone back to its roots. :grrr: I'm sure you can resurrect it, and you'll end up with two fine houses. :):(

I love a happy ending.

BTW, asherah bought a Hillsdale from them last fall. There are photos of the beginning build in her gallery.

i have never dealt with them before has anyone else?? im kind of scared to order it from them so we are going to wait a bit ill see if i can find more info on them. they come up when i google the marquam hill

I have ordered from them and was completely satisfied with their service and the product. I do recall that in the past couple of months someone here bought a dollhouse from them with very good results also.

.....hopefully the San Fran is fixable and it can be an all around pretty good situation!! Good luck!

I am actually working on the San Fran right now and I ordered it from orangeonions.com via e-bay in December or January. Every now and then they will put some of their kits on e-bay for starting bids that are lower than the full price on their site. I got lucky with the SF, I think I got it for $20 less than they were asking on their site and shipping was free. The kit arrived brand new as advertised and all the pieces were accounted for. I think I remember complaining about shipping time, but then again, I was very impatient when it came to waiting for it! I think it took 2-2 1/2 weeks and there was a holiday in between there.

By the way, sorry to hear about your mishap - but, congrats on the Marquam Hill... it's an awesome house! Hmmm, maybe I can get my hubby to buy me one - it is partially his fault that I missed the 35% off sale at miniatures.com!! :)

Maybe with some glue and spackle or paperclay, you can totally hide the damage... Sorry this has happened. Best of luck with the repairs and congrats on the next house to come, and all the help you'll get.

You got to give him credit he tried. :) And he is even offering to buy you a new one. And you might get a house you want more! And you got free labor!! So there is a silver lining!

I looked at the san fran last night I think I can so fix it :p:) but Im not going to start fixing it till the my dream house is ordered lol that way he cant back out of the offer lol and he is def going to help me he really wants to help me he is excited to help so it will be a good thing :)

i already have ideas for it too and it is bigger :) aww im truly happy that there is a good ending to this he did try and was very scared that I would be mad at him i was more upset and he said we will get you a new one so im just waiting for him to tell me to order it I feel like a little kid waiting to open presents :)

Hi. I have ordered from them too and had no problems at all. The box was a little bruised up but no missing pieces/instructions or anything else. You should be ok to order from them. Good luck w/your San Fran, hopefully it will cooperate!

Hi. I have ordered from them too and had no problems at all. The box was a little bruised up but no missing pieces/instructions or anything else. You should be ok to order from them. Good luck w/your San Fran, hopefully it will cooperate!

oh good to hear that makes me feel better about ordering from them i think it will tonight I have a meeting so I wont be home till late than off to bed but thursday and friday night the work will begining just the parts he cant see lol im going to be investing in some wood filler and spackle :p

Very smart move to get the new one before you fix the old!!!! I just love how we women think!! Definitely let your DH make it up to you!! They are so cute, and just boyish when they've had a woops! THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO MAKE UP FOR IT!! Breakfast in bed, letting you sleep in, new dollhouses, trip to local mini shop (personal experience here ) LOL HEEHEE!! So milk it for a bit-you are after all, a victim here! (snicker)