Hi from Central Florida

angliris

Hi All, :lol:

My name is Nicole. I'm 26 and live in Central Florida as do a couple of other members I see. When I was 10 years old, for Christmas my grandparents gave me a dollhouse called the Annabelle/Pierce. Then about 6 years ago my dollhouse started falling apart, first little things and then some of the main structures started to loosen. Since then I have been trying to redo everything inside and out (while keeping it the same as much as possible) along with installing a lighting kit so that I can have lights. I didn't think it would be this hard or take this much time but so far I'm enjoying it.

Hi Nicole and welcome to the forum! I see you live in Central Florida. My mother lives there also...Rockledge to be specific. My last visit there I did some serious mini damage at "The Toy Box." At the time I went the store was still in Peddler's Village but I think it's in Cocoa now if I'm not mistaken. My next visit I want to go to Ron's in Orlando. I hear that place is absolutely awesome!

One thing minis and dollhouses teaches us is patience, especially when you run into a problem. I've learned to walk away from the problem sometimes for a week and then go back to it. I did this many times when I worked on the Pierce. Or if I'm working on a step that can be tedious like shingling, I step away from it and work on another area.

Can't wait to see some photos of your refurbished Pierce!

Lynne

Hello Nicole - welcome!

I wonder if your dollhouse was originally put together with hot glue - that is a no-no with most of us here. With age, heat, humidity, (or lack thereof) - many reasons are offered by as many different people - hot glue just doesn't stand up to the tests! I know a few members are okay with hot glue, but most of us advise against it. Please tell us your repairs didn't include it! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...