Hi from Everett, WA

eglefther

I'm 48 and feel like a kid at Christmas!..lol My first kit, the Garfield, should arrive Monday and my second kit, the Coventry Cottage, on Tuesday...OK I confess, I'm already addicted ;) My biggest concern right now is not wanting to go to work on Monday...lol I WANT TO PLAY!!!!! The only reason I WILL go into work is I'm having the house delivered there as I didn't want it sitting on my porch if I couldn't be home.

The Garfield caught my eye right off so got it on its way. I had also ordered the shingles and electic kit that miniatures.com had suggested and they have already arrived. The 4000 shingles was a bit overwhelming and I began to get a little bit of the old "cold feet" syndrome and thought maybe I had bit off more than I could chew so ordered the smaller Coventry Cottage...lol and now I'm thinking one can never have too many houses :yes:

I've been surfing the internet...the Greenleaf forums...books and have come to the conclusion that there really is no RIGHT or ONLY ONE WAY to put a kit together. Whatever works best for me is the best way. I have definitely picked up some good helpful tips and suggestions and they will play a big part in my construction.

I hope to keep a photo albumn of my progress but we'll see about that when the time comes. Right now thanks for all the great info.

Welcome to the forum family, Shar, and you have already figured out some basics to happy building. There is no "oops" that cannot be fixed or bashed or hidden behind wallpaper, trim or spackle.

Hello and welcome! Getting a new dollhouse is always very exciting - even for us older dollhouse makers....there is nothing like the excitement of delving into the box and ooing and ahing over everything!

Welcome!

Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

It was a good idea to have the dh delivered to your workplace so it wouldn't be left outside ... but if you happen to get "sick" now - they're going to be a little suspicious! :gathering:

Welcome to the forum Shar! You've selected two wonderful houses to begin your collection with! But be forewarned - these babies multiply almost as fast as rabbits! :welcome:

I am starting to realize that since my one house "just to see" has already turned into two and I have my eye on several others :gathering:

Welcome!! So what's the third house going to be?

Well...now that you've mentioned it...probably the Vineyard Cottage :welcome: I've had it in my shopping cart three times now and cancelled thinking I need to wait until the other two get here but I have $41 bonus bucks at HBS so I could get it for about half price...oh so tempting!!!! Sort of holding off because I could use that to add clapboard siding to Garfield or furniture or a host of other things...my wish list is MUCH longer than my paycheck :gathering:

I will NOT let them expire!!! I have until the 10th of September before they expire so I'll make sure I get SOMETHING before then :lol: HBS is so helpful with my new addiction!!!! Like I need an incentive to buy more :no:

Well the third house has been ordered...I didn't get the Vineyard Cottage like I had thought but I'm getting the Laurel and the Primrose for an addition...I need someplace to put the bathroom :) Gotta love those bonus bucks!!!!!

If you don't use your Bonus Bucks you'll lose them; you can always buy your siding & shingles from the Greenleaf store.

Yikes!! I did not realize that!! You are always a wealth of information!! I might have to go shopping!

Anywho! Welcome to the forum! I feel a bit overwhelmed at times when I look at all the pieces. With my first house, I put the piece I was not going to need for a while in my basement. I started my first home in November last year. Since then, my daughter needed one of her own, so we could be neighbors; pulled up my grandmothers house to start redoing that, and then I had to buy 'just one more' until the 50% of sale at HBS...