Hi from Texas

I've been lurking for a while and thought I should finally come ut of hiding!

I am Victoria and I live in Texas. I have two daughters, each of whom received a dollhoue for Christmas that their daddy built. Seeing how much fun they were having with the houses reminded me of how much I had longed for a dollhouse when I was younger. So, in January, my hubby found a DuraCraft San Franscisan for sale and bought it for me. It was not put together very well so I have spent the last few months slowly renovating it. I finally finished it last week and have taken on building my own house from scratch. I picked the Orchid because it was available at Hobby Lobby and I could use a 40% off coupon! :)

I've already learned a lot from many of the posts here and look forward to sharing my mini-experiences with y'all.

Victoria

Hi and :) to the forum!

have taken on building my own house from scratch.

Way to go :D . I do a lot of scratch building and just love it -- I am sure you will too! :)

:(

Hi and welcome! Where in Texas are you? I grew up in TX and lived there all my life until about a year ago. (Grew up in Ft. Worth, moved to Lubbock as an adult.) And, I also have a San Fran that was a gift from my hubby; I'm still working on it though. Haven't seen your pics yet but I'm headed over there now. Looking forward to seeing your Orchid too.

Jerri

Hi, I'm from houston,tx.
:(
I have a Orchid that I built for my niece (not finished but nearly). I know you'll love this forum for all its info and also all its eyecandy.
:unsure:
Happy building.

Oh Pat, you just had to show me that Pierce! LOL. My poor DH - he's been really good about the dollhouse in the bedroom, the girls' dhs on the landing and my work space in the parlour - I wonder how if he would mind one in the living room? Thanks for the link!

Jerri, we live north of Plano. My BF from high school has lived in Lubbock for 20 years! It's a really nice place to visit. :)

Brianna, next time we're on our way to Galveston I'll wave hello to you!

Victoria

Edited by SimplyVictoria

Welcome to the forum family, Victoria, I have acquired a Pierce NOT lovingly put together, that I plan to disassemble and put back together when we get back home in another month. My first kit was a San Franciscan, built before I thought about taking pictures or having internet forum or other backup.