• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Find Molly ....

After all her travels, it's SO sad to think she never made it home to Teresa with all her treasures and stories.

I've not dared to explain to Twinkle the seriousness of this yet. She will be so devastated.

Someone, somewhere knows what happened. I pray their guilty conscience will make them return her.

I think that I am at the stage where I will never see her again. Poor little girl has been missing for so long now. I just feel so bad for the people who put so much time, effort and money into this. I saw a Molly at Hobby Lobby and it made me feel sad. Hopefully if someone stole her off the porch or something Molly will give them ALOT of trouble. I think that all that can be done has been done. Bookmarm and Lynnae have done all that anyone can do to try to find her. But I fear that she is gone for good. (Maybe in 20 years she will show up like some of those letters we hear about). Deep inside I'm still hoping, but am being realistic about this. But I really do want to thank everyone that was involved in this as I have great pictures and write ups about her travels. Thank you everyone for giving Molly such a good time in your homes. Teresa

i have started a facebook group called help find molly moose

have a look and join i dont know all the details yet as im still reading thru the thread but if u could start a topic about her disapearence and what she got up to i wud appreciate it

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?...gid=72503756415

Has anyone contacted this place:

Mail Recovery Center

5345 Fulton Industrial Boulevard SW

Atlanta, GA 30378-2400

I mean, if it was mis-delivered or the label became illegible in delivery and it was sent somewhere else and then turned back into the post office, is there any chance it could be at the USPS auction house?

I haven't tried that address. I have gotten calls from the USPS staff who handle lost mail. They can't find her. She was confirmed 'delivered'. No signature was required (I thought it was...but apparently not). I think she must be somewhere in the right area. Lynn's address is a little tricky and I wonder if that might have been where she went astray. This is NOT her address, but an example: "311 NW 22nd St". If the delivery person got any part of that wrong, Molly could be on NE 22nd st.

I'm so sorry ya'll! I don't know what else to do! I was the last to see her and feel terrible for all of you who hosted her...or didn't get to!

Oo oo! Howabout sending postcards to similar sounding addresses in the area? If there is a particular driver who delivered the package you could find out what his delivery area is and wittle it down from there maybe? According to my aunt who delivers mail up here, the person who delivered it (and confirmed delivery) will have a specific delivery route... If it's rural, send "Have you seen me?" postcards - if it's suburban, maybe post flyers on community mailboxes that are on his route?

Maybe there is a way to tell if the person who confirmed delivery even delivers on the route the actual address is on? Of course, they probably don't even keep track of which postperson confirmed delivery... It's a shame the post service can't be held more accountable for confirmed delivered packages - he should deliver a lost package card to everyone on his route!

You'd think if someone got this by accident and opened it, they'd read through the addresses and connect with the last address! Unless some kids or some more nefarious person just felt like using the five-finger discount for some free goodies and tossed it when they discovered it wasn't electronics...

One time whilst DH & I were out walking our road we found a small package down in a ditch that appeared intact when we picked it up, so we brought it home & got the phone book and were unable to locate the addressee, but we got a clue as to where the address might be and we got in the car and went to that neighborhood and drove up and down the street in the address, but could not find the house number; we finally stopped at the numbers next above and below the one on the box and left it at the house where someone happened to be home, to see if they either had better luck finding the person named, or else take it back to the PO to try agaiAs near as we could all tell the postal carrier, unable to find the addressee, had apparently tossed the package out the window of his/ her car.

I once lived in an apartment, and UPS left a package beside my door while I was at work. My landlady called to tell me about it. She left it beside the door. When I got home there was no package.....two days later I looked out my window and saw a box up in the woods. I went up there and sure enough it was my package. It had been open and it was clothing, so I knew that kids had been at it as the clothing was all strewn around the box. They must have been terribly disappointed. Anyway I got my package after all and it was intact, just needed washing..... Perhaps that is what happened to Molly only a kid would have kept any toys.....

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed this thread with interest.

I enjoyed seeing Molly visit other dollhouses and stay in the 'guest room' and all that.

I was heartbroken when she was stolen (I am going to assume she was stolen as I think she would have been returned by now if a mistake was made).

I also hope she is having a good life on the road. Molly was a moose with her own mind, that's for sure.

I picture her sitting on someone's dashboard as a good luck totem - staring out at the roads traveled.

After a suitable mourning period, I would be interested in starting the Molly Memorial Traveling Doll project.

Or I'd be interested in taking part in the next round.

I'm kinda interested in doing this with a sort of Hitty type doll - but anything would be fine.

We could send the new character/doll back to the original Molly owner (assuming nothing gets stolen again!! :) )

Molly could be missing somewhere in a damaged parcel zone, but I do think the more likely scenario was that someone stole the package thinking there may be something worth money in it. I bet they were chagrined to find what they probably considered a bunch of junk. If it had been sent UPS the same thing could have happened. In some places UPS just leaves things on your doorstep, in others they won't leave it if no one is hmoe, and the recipient has to go to the UPS central office and pick it up during business hours.

To prevent this from happening again one could insist that the package be sent certified mail. I think it costs an extra couple of dollars. That way it won't be delivered unless someone at the address signs for it.

My daughter lives in the downtown area of a large city and has her packages delivered care of the store where she works. If it comes on her day off her boss just sets it aside for her.

I know that since Molly was lost (stolen) I am nervous about anything I order. I received a package the other day and he didn't even ring the doorbell. I really don't think that Molly will be seen again. My hope is that some little kid got her somehow and Molly has a home. But I really don't think that I will see her again.

• 4 weeks later...

Still wishing and hoping that Molly will come "home" ....

Twinkle still gets teary every time she plays with the Tudor Sweetheart house we prepped for Molly's visit.

Wishing someone would have a pang of conscience and return her.

• 4 weeks later...