Molly the traveling moose

THmini2

No sign of Molly yet. I was thinking, since she is in moose country, do you think she got bored with travelling in a box and decided to bust out and look for some moose relations? I know I've seen 3 moose in our area. Maybe she's across the river in the woods over by the golf course hanging out? I wonder what moose do when they party?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wouldn't surprise me if she did wander off in search of friends, especially because she already found at least one moose friend who insisted on going with her when she left here. I suspect that when moose party, they think of ways to torture unsuspecting travelers, kinda like that Geico commercial with the squirrels......

Molly arrived tonight. She said she'd been hanging out with some other moose (just as I had suspected). She'd drifted across the river on a large leaf. I told her she was a lucky girl, what if the tide had been going out? She could have been swept all the way down to the Port. Kids.........

What gets me is how the moose managed to tape the box back up and get it to arrive in today's mail. Maybe they were aided by a local groundhog or otter?

Whew !!! I'm sure glad she has arrived. I've had one worried little Twinkle on my hands. She watches her comings and goings and ever so carefully records them in her Molly journal. She will be very relieved and happy when I tell her this in the morning.

From Mary Moose (who she visited with here) Mary says "Listen here young lady , Molly D. Moose - you should be more careful in the future!!! You never know what mischief others have in store for you. Have fun but always put safety first."

Hope you have lots of fun with Grazhina.

Molly arrived tonight. She said she'd been hanging out with some other moose (just as I had suspected). She'd drifted across the river on a large leaf. I told her she was a lucky girl, what if the tide had been going out? She could have been swept all the way down to the Port. Kids.........

What gets me is how the moose managed to tape the box back up and get it to arrive in today's mail. Maybe they were aided by a local groundhog or otter?

If they were on the river, maybe it was a loon? I could see a loon taping up a box with its beak.......Glad to hear that our wanderer has arrived safely!

You never know what Molly is going to do next!! You would think that she would get enough excitement visiting with the families that are hosting her. :yes: But leave it to her adventurist spirit. She just can't pass up an oppertunity for another adventure.

I can't wait to see and hear about what you and Molly did! Was she very tired after her round about way of getting to you? Molly sent me a postcard with "Molly" swimming while visiting at Jen's house. Molly was Very BIG on that postcard!

Amy I hope you are ready for Molly.

I can't wait. I"m keeping my fingers crossed, I'm hoping that maybe she will arrive in time to Turkey day. We go out to eat, so I'll have to call the resturant to change the resversations from 4 to 5 just in case she gets here in time.... :headhurts:

Amy

Grazina's pictures are now in the album. She sure lives in a beautiful area. Her write-up of the time spent with Molly is also in the blog. I don't if it is because it is so big (the blog) now, but it does take time to load. So don't give up too fast. You'll see a purple screen, but it will come up. I love the blog because it is just as everyone told their stories of Molly's time with them.

Can you believe that Molly only has 6 more stops. She might just demand her own house when she gets back Spoiled little Moose! B)

Molly arrived safe and sound today. We're all excited that Molly is going to be able to join us for our turkey day dinner. Right now Molly is going to help me feed my doggies, so we have to go now, will keep you posted. bye for now.

yes I made sure that Molly is going to have a really nice turkey dinner , desert and all. I informed my father that Molly will be joining us for dinner and first thing he said was don't forget your camera and make sure I print out a picture of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Molly is on her way to Maryland!!!

Poor Molly had some bad timing. She arrived when my whole household was in the middle of an absolutely horrible stomach virus.

Then my computer crapped out so I couldn't let anyone know what was going on. The part finally arrived today, and here I am FINALLY!

We did end up having a wonderful time, even though I kept her for extra time. I am sorry for that. I will be sending pictures and our log within the next day or two.

Molly will be missed!

Does anyone have Molly right now. Kind of courious about where she will be for Christmas. I hope not in her box on her way somewhere! Have fun whoever has her. She is on the last part of her travels!!! She will be home soon and I feel like I will have one spoiled little moose when she gets home.

Molly is on her way to MD...she may take a couple of extra days because the address Intrinsicat gave in the beginning is not her address anymore, so she has to be forwarded. I would think she will be there my Christmas. I will track and see if I can find out any info.

EDIT:

This is the tracking info...

We attempted to deliver your item at 8:07 AM on December 20, 2008 in FREDERICK, MD 21704 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I am going to PM intrinsicat too.....

Not a problem... I'll be picking her up tomorrow at the post office! I usually have things delivered to my office to make sure they don't 'walk off'... back in June I thought we'd still be in our old office building, but we moved last month and I complete forgot to put the two together!! Fortunately, she'll be with us for Xmas and will leave promptly after! I'm sure she's starting to get homesickness pangs!

Wow, Miss Molly sure likes to take detours along her trip. Guess she is trying to prolong the adventure as long as she can with all these side track trips. What a mischievous little moose she is. Glad she is safe at someone's house for Christmas.

Twinkle wants Molly to know:

Happy Holidays. Hope you have a good and cool Christmas. :p I hope Santa can find you since you are not at your own home. :p Hope you can find out if you can go slidding. :p I went yesterday. I'm building an igloo. It's alot fun. Merry Christmas. :(

Selkie says: Merry Christmas. We miss you. Can't wait to see more pictures of your adventures.

Miss Molly wanted me to make sure I stopped by and gave everyone here a Merry Christmas from her! She's enjoying our dollhouse, making new friends and tomorrow we're taking her out on the town and then sending her off to her next destination!!