Together we could build an dollhouse town

Missymew

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a fantastic idea. i only have two houses and the little springfling one. im working on a stable to go with my farm house tho. i like to build towns on the sims game, i build and decorate the houses then move on to the next one. its great for days when i dont have a lot of energy.

Ummmmm ... don't look now, but we already have a virtual town ... it's called Members Galleries. :jump:

I guess we'd kind of have to elect Dean as mayor of our fair town, after all, his company has designed most of the buildings in our town.

What about other "administrative" and "elected" officials.

Doogster would definitely be my choice for General Manager/Commissioner of the Glue Department. That's an important department in a dollhouse miniature town.

Other positions? Nominees?

-Susanne

Susanne, what an awesome idea, I can just imagine if we were able to do this in RL...we'd have to rent a ginormous banquet hall or something!

We actually did this one year at our miniature show. We sold "lots" and everyone built the half inch building of their choice. When they were done we displayed them at the show. It was a fair sized town with an old section and a new section. The new section even had a Mac Donalds! It took up most of the display room. Really a fun thing to do.

We could have a 'business district' with shops/museums, etc.

Wish I'd gotten Ernie's bus to make my bookmobile, but mini money has been spent for awhile.

This is a fun idea!

So much fun!!

I had intended to make an entire village out of all of my houses. I called it "Veiled Village", and in it I have streets called "Samhain Way", "Anachronistic Lane", "Hanged Mans Gulch" at the end of the road, and of course "The Enchanted Forest" :jump:

How many of you already hae village & street names already for your collection?

Wow - what a fantastic idea. I don't know how it would all happen but I'd love to add my creations to the census.

The poll that is going is a good way to get a general idea but that wouldn't be enough to actually plan a town/city layout.

Maybe a census would be the way to start acutally - take a detailed census from everyone that wanted to be involved - listing exactly what each person has - styles, sizes, periods, manufacturer, landscape styling, accessory buildings, etc.

Then create categories for districts and begin a sorting process for the buildings to the districts. Several layers of sorting would be necessary.

After that was completed, the number of streets needed and how many empty lots for future growth added, then adding lots of woods, lakes, schools, historical monuments, sanitation, etc. could be determined.

:jump: Whoa Nellie, I need to stop dreaming in virtual and go finish my spring fling and my family memorial mansion before I could even be part of it unless I'm in the new construction only zone district !!!

All we need is a church. I don't recall seeing any.
Darrell has been building the RGT church, I think it'll eventually house Mr Badd's funeral. I have a pub and a general store (unless someone buys the store). One of our Dutch members also built a Western jailhouse.

How many of you already hae village
My houses are found in the village of Twiddly Upon Thumb.

Guest Nathaniel

Ive got a whole street going now with a 9 room unfinished colonial, a 4 room Ranch with a Garage, a 6 Room Tennyson Victorian, a 6 room Newberg Painted Lady Victorian, a Blue 7 room Colonial, a 10+ room Worthington Southern Colonial Mansion, and a 22+ Room Piercefield Seaside Victorian Mansion (Garfield and Pierce Bash). I will have to think of a name for my elite little neighborhood. Hmmm, Im thinking "Ellis Estates" (as that is my last name). My real house is in "Hall Estates" as that is the last name of the person that all of the land was bought off for the entire development. But, "Ellis Estates" is what I will call the street of houses I have in my basement. I am up to 7 houses now. YIKES!!!

Guest Nathaniel

According to the poll I started asking people how many 1/12 scale houses they have, we have hundreds and hundreds of houses and buildings between all of the people on this board. Can you imagine the town we could build? We would need like a 20,000 square foot warehouse. It would be really neat though if we could build a virtual neighborhood, like, on The Sims 2 or something....

-Nathaniel

I've even made a petting zoo for my dollhouse children. It kind of looks like a farmyard, but it's not. My animals are pets, and aren't for butchering and eating. My scenes are always happy scenes.

Hmmmm, as a child of the 60's I'm wondering what kind of crops I'm feeding my mini-animals.....

-Susanne

• 3 weeks later...

Subdivisions :

Greenleaf Village, Duracraft Village.. etc... and have only those houses in that section.!

I think it would be so cool to make a map, and put the subdivisions,buisness district on it and then you could click on the subdivision or buisness district and it wo uld take you to another map of that area then when you roll over the houses it puts a picture up and you can click on it.. and it will take you to the member gallery for that house with exterior & Interior pictures.. Like a virtual tour!

I sure wish I knew enough about making web pages to be able to do something like this.

Kellee

Well, I guess to start we'll need all the pics of the houses, the "districts" within the State/City need to be decided, street names etc.

If anyone wants to draw a map of the place that would be awsome.

It will be a rather large undertaking but, if we all pitch in, we can do it!

Fun Fun!!