Together we could build an dollhouse town

Missymew

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly...just look at the maps and message monica or abbe with what plot you want and a link to your gallery :D

well i think thats whats happening :o correct me if i'm wrong please :thumb:

I just read through this entire thread and am wowed once again by the energy, enthusiasm, and talent of our forum members. Such brilliant brainstorming and delightful backstories and maps are coming forth!

I have one thought to add, regarding special places for various scale buildings. Since none of these buildings will ever be side by side in real life, what difference does scale make? I see no problem with putting a 1:24 house beside a 1:12 house on street. The photos in the links will simple be a house. To those of us who build, scale is a factor, and we know the special challenges of each scale in the real world, but a visitor to these lovely villages will be enjoying a virtual view, where scale is pretty much irrelevant when looking at one house at a time. Even if a thumbnail pic of a house marks its place on the map, size wouldn't be an issue.

Edit: I knew I shouldn't have said "one thought". Here's another: This project is obviously still evolving. May I suggest that when it is nailed down as to location, method of participation, etc., a new thread be started and pinned, with the first post one that gives the background of the project, links to the main map, directions on how to view it and how to participate by adding houses, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I didn't look at this sooner! What a neat idea! I still need to grout the porch and do a base/yard for the Coventry. And I have a lot of bit to go on the Highland... but I would love to be part of this. I do have plans for an art gallery and a studio in the future, too. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been away from the forum for a while. Is the virtual dollhouse world still going? Can we add a name to one of the pink spots on the world map for a new town? (I have a "few" dollhouses, I think I've lost count, both residences & businesses)

Really cool idea!

:) Crystal

Oh,Oh....Monica, am I too Late??? I have my Tudor-y houses(the Vicarage and my Sugarplum) to go in Chamelot....My Owl Post for DiagonAlly....my 1/4 scale Orchid for Farmville and the Harry Potter house(Laurel) that I have to finish-for the outskirts of the Enchanted Forest.I hope I'm not too late................... :welcome:

When do these have to be finished??? :)

Hi All!

Okay, we are trying to fill up Belleview, St. Bartholomew, The Enchanted Forest (magical Creatures please :wave: ), and Whitley Bay.

So far we only have a small few on each map and we need several more.

Please fill them up!

Well i have 3 little pigs that are looking to build their houses in the enchanted forest. Do storybook characters apply?