Hello from Ohio :)

About 15 or so years ago, I built a dollhouse for Halloween. I had a blast making it into a haunted house. :thumbup: Unfortunately, my husband at the time stored it in the coal cellar of our house and it quickly mildewed and warped. :( Over the years circumstances have changed and my current husband found out that I had loved building the DH. He talked me into buying another and giving it a go. :)

He also nudged me into buying the Garfield! (which really didn't take that much nudging :p ) But I chickened out and also purchased the Coventry Cottage to get me back into this a little slower. (he he)

Anyway, I'm really excited to get started again, and I look forward to getting many great ideas and tips from the forum here. :)

Susan in Ohio

Welcome to the "little" family, Susan. Mini years ago we used to live in Coshocton, OH.

The Coventry Cottage is a fun little house to build, the Building Team built it and blogged the builds and none of us built it the same way twice!: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...house/index.php?

He also nudged me into buying the Garfield! (which really didn't take that much nudging :thumbup: ) But I chickened out and also purchased the Coventry Cottage to get me back into this a little slower.

Susan in Ohio

Sounds like he liked the Garfield!

Welcome to the forums and Go-Buckeyes!

Welcome, you are in for some great conversation and wonderful ideas. Three years ago We were supposed to move to Mt. Vernon Ohio for our retirement. We live in So. CA. Family circumstances dictated otherwise, but I sigh whenever I look at some of the beautiful Victorian homes there. :thumbup:

Thank you all for the warm welcome:) I'm waiting to get a table for my workspace before I can start and it's making me crazy. LOL I have two houses still in their boxes and nowhere to work on them for the moment. B) Although I am getting a jump start on already buying things to put into them when their done! LOL

Hi and Welcome! :)

At minisblogspot.com, Gina (Butterflyex), one of the members here just blogged the construction of her Coventry. Her site is wonderful and has lots of great tips. This forum is the best, if you have questions just ask. Also, once you've made five posts you can make an album and show the rest of us you work!