Hi From Another NJ Newbie

Hi Everyone -

I am so glad I found this forum! I am about to start my first house, the Marquam Hill Mansion. I just started unpacking the box last night, so look out, I am sure I will have plenty of questions! (I have some already but I will wait!!)

My neice was born May 8, and this will be a labor of love for her. I have always wanted to do a dollhouse, and I am glad I have a reason now! (I didnt think my son would appreciate it LOL).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

~Michelle

PS - I dont know what happened with all those other posts from me! I have been trying to figure out a way to delete them, but I cant find anything. If an admin could help, that would be great. Sorry about that!

Edited by Connor's Mom

Welcome to the "little" family, Michelle. There's no rules against building a dollhouse (or two, or more) for yourself to play with, too. I PM'd you about your duplications, just PM one of the admins to request removal of the "extras".

Thank you all for your welcomes!

Being new to minis, I thought I had to have a reason to work on one, lol! Now I see that isnt the case, I already feel I am addicted and I havent done anything besides organize the pieces!!

Tracy - Thanks for fixing the hiccups!

Corry - I am in Essex County in NJ.

Monica - Hope you arent in a rush lol, I have a feeling it will take me a while!

Is there a board for newbie questions? I have tried to find one with no success, I could just be missing it. I already have a couple of questions I need help with!

Thanks again everyone. I have a feeling I will be hanging around here for a while!

~Michelle

:lol: Hi and welcome! It is great to have you here. For your question about a special area for newbie questions, just post them in the general area or in the specific area for the house you are building. Looking forward to watching your MHM build.

When that happens (and it will happen a LOT with a Dura-Craft kit), just step away from the kit, take a deep breath, calm down (I also find a good rant with LOTS of *magic* words sometimes helps) and depending on the level of wreckage to your nerves, either go back to it or take a stiff drink/ chocolate/ hot bath/ trashy novel break to settle down again. Also, ask away.