Mother&Daughter Project

netta

hello, my daughter and me will be building a tennyson house we just got from craigs list.

alas we have no instructions but, am hoping to get some from here.

this will be our first mother and daughter project.

i hope to share our progress with you all and get her into the community spirt.

thankyou

netta & ollie

Welcome to the neighborhood!! I know you will find those instructions from someone here. I personally don't have that kit at all. Just found that out about 1 week ago while searching around for stuff. Which version do you have? One has a stone foundation and the other one does not.

Building dollhouses together equals quality time for mom and daughter! My daughter and I used to do crafts together before she got too "big" to do them with me. Now she lives in Massachusetts and I'm in Montana and she misses the old days! LOL

Do it and you will have a lifetime of fantastic memories!

Welcome, Netta & Ollie, and enjoy your build together. In addition to answering your questions, there is a lot of information already posted about. Has the kit given you any ideas about how to make it?

thank you for the warm welcome.

we already have plenty of ideas,

and read a few posts here, ollie want to do some oriental themed rooms..lol

our model doesn't have the stone base.

it didn't come with shingles either, but i'm thinking we'll come up with something to cover that.

maybe cardboard strips with a scaloped edge?

already have gotten an offer for the instructions from a friendly member here.

i'm sure we'll both enjoy doing this project together and looking back on it fondly in later yrs.

netta&ollie

Hello Netta and Ollie, welcome at the forum. How sweet, it's my dream to do a project with my daughter it sounds as fun. I'm looking forward to photo's of your progress.

:banana: Hello and welcome to the group Netta and Ollie!! How wonderful that you will have a project to do together.

You will be making memories both of you will enjoy for many years, and a beautiful dollhouse as well.

Enjoy your project, and questions here are always welcome...there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Chris

today i went clear to the next town to get shingles and lights for the house.

got the shingles couldn't believe the price they wanted for a little mini light(24.00) and that was not including the strip, wiring ect...

so needless to say we went to radio shack and bought wiring , battery, and led lights ,we will be able to see the whole interior.

ooo ya almost for got Glue!!

tomarrow we start wish us luck....lol

netta&ollie

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Netta & Ollie :whistle: So glad you all found us!

I don't have a daughter, but my sister and I create miniatures together -- and have a great time doing it. It is so much fun to have a family member as a partner :p

:giggle: