What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oo, I wish your itinerary included Seminole, AL, but the second week in June is when we breing DS#3 over from Tally and we'll be hither & yon until after late July. I think our oldest son and DH's mom doesn't realize how old we are (as in poop out easily) because we stay on the "go".

I really didn't accomplish much this past week as the weather was horrible and I had a full weekend planned. However, this week, I hope to plant some annual flowers and straighten up around the house. I also hope to get back to walking.

Things turned out pretty good in spite of a rough start at the beginning of the week. I destressed by doing some retail therapy on eBay, got some more Erna Meyer dolls and some Bratz, and an Emerson Row!! I love that kit. :) John's brother was showing their parents pictures of my doll houses on Facebook, and his dad called and said he had a kit for me. It's on it's way here and is the Beacon Hill !! I am so tickled, it was at the top of my wish list :D

• Like 2

Oh,my word!!! Stacey,so that is the mystery kit you've been telling me about!! Wow,wow,wow! :jump:

I know you are so excited!! Can't wait to see you put your spin on it! :D Congratulations,my dear friend!!

:banana::pepper::cucumber:

• Like 1

Stacey's getting a Beacon Hill? I can't wait to see what it wants to become!

I got to play in my workshop most of the day. First item of business was to mend an old cutting board that was my grandmother's and to touch up the paint job DS #2 gave to our Tibetan door guardian so he can go up over the workshop door.

Then I bid goodby at last to Mildred as DH saw to her interment.

Then the Washington 2.0 left the pile of NIB kits and is now mostly in stacked pieces on the workbench. I have replaced the second floor window box locks on the second floor, glued and spackled, and masked off the kitchen and bathroom floors for priming after sanding. The way this house goes together doing the entire dry fit is impossible without being Laksme, but I was able to juggle enough pieces to tell that everything fits (so far) and that I will need to cut another wall for the second floor, like I did for the Laurel. This house is very outspoken about what she does and doesn't want, but she's been talking to me for a very long time.

The only hiccup I found with the Washington 2.0 was the porch posts. I glued -- and I mean GLUED -- one of them in the wrong place and had to make another to complete the symmetry. The porch roof on my haunted house will never fall down. :D

gallery_818_6340_51660.jpg

• Like 2

Well, tomorrow will be a big day. You may remember that we were planning to move last year - and those plans fell through. Which is fine with me, since I think the Pacific NW is the best place in the world! However, since we would be showing the house, and since I wasn't sure DH would be coming home to help me pack, we started packing up some things ahead of time. Our living room has a cathedral ceiling, and there is a shelf (we called it a pot-shelf in Florida) that is above the kitchen entry. On that shelf I had our collection of wood artifacts from all over the world - all lined up beautifully with a light behind them. They've been boxed up for a year :( Tomorrow we will be putting them all back in place, and I can get those big boxes OUT OF MY WAY!! It will be a big job, but I will be so glad to have it finished! In the last 50 years we have moved many times, and I always packed up quickly and we left - and I unpacked quickly and we re-settled. Never have I packed up this early and let things set around in boxes. So it will be a delight to have everything back in place again!

• Like 4

This week is a busy one. Kid #2 will start packing her room for moving. I have gardening to do if I can muster the energy. A ultrasound and a doctor`s visit. Plus the continuation of Spring cleaning. It has finally warm enough now. I do not feel like I am freezing anymore. Yay!

• Like 1

I have on my proud mama face. Lawson passed his Microsoft Windows 7 certification today! He took it as part of a class for school. He has no interest in doing computer stuff, but it's still nice to be certified.

He's applying for a summer job at my work, so I'm hoping this will help give him a leg up with that too.

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Today is Cinco De Mayo and here in Taos, New Mexico its a HUGE holiday! The children are all off school, people are dressed in colorful costumes, there is food cooking in out door venues, music playing and decorations all through town. Tonight is a big Fiesta! I think I like this holiday! :trumpet:

• Like 3

I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo. I suppose there are celebrations around here too, though I don't know why. But in our little corner of the world it is cold and rainy and a great day for indoor projects.

I'm surrounded by UFO's and just started another one, the gold wrapper on the Rolo's looked perfect for a telescope, and it is. I have two Orchids in the works, why I don't know, the one I know what I'm doing with it and the other I have no idea. I need to get them finished before deciding on my next project, the Vineyard or the Aster or the Beacon Hill. I need to get busy.

If today is Cinco de Mayo, then yesterday was Star Wars day; may the fourth be with you all. Since we were going to the Jazz Jam (first Monday) in Gulf Breeze, DH offered the thrift stores on the East side of the bay, and that shot down my plan to finish Wahington's kitchen floor today (second coat of base color and possibly first color of spatters), but it was worth it as I found a watch that will work perfectly for a kitchen clock!

Stacey,I PM'd you earlier that I think you could do a great doll shop in the undecided Orchid. I know how much you love dolls and you are so talented in making things that it would be a cool theme for you-IMO,of course!!:) If you think it's good idea,whisper to the kit and see what it says back!:D

This morning I went with my mother to have her routine blood check done-all a part of having to be on Coumadin. She had better results than she expected (after being sick last week),so she was relaxed and ready to shop and have some fast food for lunch. I didn't spend much $,but got a couple of things to use for minis:a piece of just the right shade of green fabric for my rehab Orchid,some cuphook doodads(for mini faucets) and some polymerclay fingernail decor thingies-tiny flat slices of various fruits. The weather was hot and bright and beautiful!!

• Like 1

I have been busy unpacking all my stuffs from storage...I am now set up in our spare room...it is leaky but the landlord promises he IS going to fix it...but yall know Dean isnt going to let me down and he has 3 bucket spots set up and all my stuff is neatly and safely away from any rain. well it will be when I have it all unpacked.

realised tonight Ive lost my box of 1/144th houses and 1/2 scale treehouse....made me super sad..but what can you do when you leave your home of 20 yrs like a mad person...lol...... :bangin:

my glue flower stuffs is also gone....I loved making those Irisis....so that is upsetting to me also.....

but all of this is busy work to keep my mind off of the due last friday grandbaby...

Catriona says the dr said today if she made it to Friday he would do the jell thing to see if that would start things...

its hard to wait on such a wonderful thing as a grandbaby! :bear:

• Like 3

We've been busy, although I can't really say what we did. No big projects or anything, just normal stuff. I had the boys take a wood stove we are selling out of the fireplace and set it in the corner behind a sofa; now I'm designing a small cabinet for my Dad to build for the empty space. I'm hoping to use it for mini supplies!

• Like 1

Oh, Nutti, losing boxes is my pet peeve of moving! I hope you can replace your gllue flower supplies, they were so totally gorgeous! and I treasure my irises.

• Like 1

Oh, Nutti, losing boxes is my pet peeve of moving! I hope you can replace your gllue flower supplies, they were so totally gorgeous! and I treasure my irises.

Ditto me. :(

I am sorry for your box loss Lynette. That is truly frustrating. That grandbaby will be here before you know it. I am excited for you and the new bundle. I have to leave here in a few for the hospital. (not that it matters much to some) but I wanted to let my friends know that I am on my way and cross fingers for good outcome. It is a gorgeous day out there today so I am hoping for some yard work later.

• Like 3

... I have to leave here in a few for the hospital. (not that it matters much to some) but I wanted to let my friends know that I am on my way and cross fingers for good outcome. ...

Fingers crossed for a good result and finding the right answers.

Medical "stuff" is always so anxiety producing and yet the MD's make us feel like idiots for being nervous. I think all MD's should have to, at minimum, have their appendix taken out before being licensed so they know what it feels like to be helpless in someone else's hand, be in pain, and have zippo chance for any personal modesty. Perhaps it would make them more sympathetic to us regular folks.

Anyhow, let us know how you make out Heidi. We're rooting for ya.

• Like 4

Oh,Selkie,you cracked me up-I've known a few doctors in my time who need to fill your requirements,to be able to be empathetic!

Heidi,I hope the day is fruitful and brings some relief and peace of mind. Getting out and enjoying working in the yard later might be just the right Rx today. Take care and best of luck.

• Like 1

Heidi, you know I have fingers and toes crossed for good news for you! As a retired nurse with an uncle who was an MD I'm here to tell you that it's absolutely true that doctors make the lousiest patients!

• Like 2

I could replace the wire and glue but not the special tweezers I used(cant quite remember what they looked like)

or the plastic pieces used to wrap the the wire on....and darn what gauge was that wire??? its been too long...would I even remember HOW....sigh

and I LOVED making those kinds of flowers and I do not have even 1 myself :badmood:

I should count myself lucky I have what I do....they way the boys packed my stuffs because I just couldnt do it.... :weep:

I went and purchased 5 clear shoe boxes to start the sorting from the big box of everything.....this is going to improve my whole building fun as I will know where EVERYTHING is...instead of the usual..."I have a couple of places to look before I go buy it again" :bear: LOL....today I am having the hubs move Catriona's house to a moving dolly so I can clean it out...another place the boys stashed crap...poor house...needs a rehab before it gets finished....looking forward to getting to work on some of the stuffs I found....several micro mini kits....no news on the baby front but that she is to be at hospital at 7am on friday to start the works....

Have a great day :batman::banana:

• Like 1