What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Muriel, Natasha the Pumpkin Queen looks so much like you, so cute. Baby looks bored, but then, I recall my youngest at that age. He always looked bored or witless. His sister used to complain that he looked stupid. He isn't stupid, I'd tell her, he's just ignorant. Later he wised up and she fell in love with her baby brother.

I just found a plaque in a catalog that made me laugh out loud.

-----Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning all you need is 2 hearts and a diamond. By the end, you wish you had a club and a spade. :bangin:

• Like 1

....Little Allana likes her sleep and doesn't like drinking/putting on needed weight! I need to top her up with formula milk each feed and she takes about 45 minutes to drink 60ml (2oz), then falls asleep or just doesn't swallow, but she needs 120-150ml (4-5oz) each time.

My middle child was like this and he turned out just fine. He was slow at everything to begin with and would even fall asleep before the car was even out of the driveway. We had to remind him to eat too. He was slow at walking, talking, etc. but once he finally started something, there was no stopping him. He always made up for lost time !!! Sometimes I think the MD's get overly concerned at those early weeks and forget that each little bundle has their own personality and ways of doing things. She isn't the same as Natasha either. She is her own sweet little self. She looks just as healthy and happy as can be there in your arms. Trust your own instincts for what is right for her. Thanks for updating us and for the wonderful family photo!!!

• Like 1

What I was up to today wasn't as much as yesterday-I pulled a kinda double shift then. The other caregiver (Jo) who stays nights with "Miss B.", for whom I'm a daytime caregiver,needed me to come back yesterday eve and fix supper for Miss B. and keep her company for a few hours while Jo attending an event last evening. The event? Well,Jo recently received her GED. So she and about 100 other various individuals were given a night of celebration and participated in a graduation ceremony,complete with caps and gowns! Jo,in fact was the featured speaker-equivalent to valedictorian-Nice,huh? :noitall: The real kicker? Jo is 81 years old! :D

She is amazing! She had emergency open heart surgery about 2 years ago,but she's like the energizer bunny-go,go,go! She works 2 jobs-Mon.-Fri. she's a cook at our local senior center,attends mine and my mother's church every Sunday,transports another elderly church member, who uses a wheelchair,every where she needs to go and then stays with Miss B. 5 nights a week. She has health issues-her heart and diabetes-is hard of hearing,and currently makes her home in a tiny little travel-type trailer,but I never,ever hear her complain of pain or anything negative. Just a pleasure to know her and I just had tell you about this dear lady! ^_^

• Like 5

Kat what an inspiration of a story - here I was feeling slightly sorry for myself after going back to the Dr today and being told I'm in early peri menopause and that is probably what's causing some of my migraines and all sorts of other stuff I won't go into here - so am going to start on HRT which I can only take for 2 years apparently and maybe Beta Blockers for migraine prevention. Then I read this and remembered it's all about perspective and how we choose to view things - so I'm going to embrace getting my quality of life back (when the HRT and iron kick in) and having more time to work on my houses etc. And I second what Morgan said about Jo deserving some recognition.

Murial,what a fun family portrait-love all the costumes! So glad you caught us up. The baby isn't losing weight or regurgitating when she feeds is she? ..................

We all hate unsolicited advice,but here goes:Give Allana little things she can do for the baby

No, thankfully not regurgitating and still putting on weight, just slowly.

I don't mind advice as long as the giver isn't offended if I don't necessarily follow everything they say ;) We do try and involve Natasha as much as possible with tasks she can help with like you mentioned. She likes being 'helpful' usually! It is funny what phrases they pick up: if she doesn't want to do something she says "I'm busy!" because that's what the grown-ups say when they don't do something she wants straight away.

Sometimes I think the MD's get overly concerned at those early weeks and forget that each little bundle has their own personality and ways of doing things. She isn't the same as Natasha either. She is her own sweet little self. She looks just as healthy and happy as can be there in your arms. Trust your own instincts for what is right for her.

Yeah, she's not skin and bones and is happy enough, so not worrying about it, just trying to keep on top of it. The health visitor is very supportive with advice of things to try, but keeps emphasising that I'm doing a great job and not to worry, which is nice :) She will get there when she's ready, and in the meantime I'll just take fewer showers and tidy less ;)

I see that the Force is with Chris... Your little daughters are SO adorable!

He loves all thing Star Wars and this costume regularly comes out if he needs to dress up ;) We got him a Yoda last Christmas that sits on his back and looks over his shoulder (doubles up as a rucksack) He forgot to put it on when the picture was taken, but usually adds to his star wars look!

Kat, I always love it when people continue to do great work helping others when they get older and have their own problems :) thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Yeah, she's not skin and bones and is happy enough, so not worrying about it, just trying to keep on top of it. The health visitor is very supportive with advice of things to try, but keeps emphasising that I'm doing a great job and not to worry, which is nice :) She will get there when she's ready, and in the meantime I'll just take fewer showers and tidy less

Just chiming in, Muriel. My granddaughter was similar as an infant, with feeding problems, regurgitating, etc. By the time she was a year old she was doing so much better. Now she's 2 & 1/2 and is the same height and weight as an average 4 year old. She will happily eat everything on her plate, even asking for more veggies.

Her father, as an infant, barely stayed awake long enough to finish feeding. He'd wake up every 3 to 4 hours, demand to be fed and fall right back asleep. He slept so much the first month or so that when our second child came along we were shocked when she wanted to stay awake and socialize.

Natasha's comment "I'm busy", my granddaughter says the same thing! That and "I'm playing!"

• Like 1

Helen, I know how you feel.....I hope that you find something to help you out. I have been on every kind of beta blocker and treatment known to human kind and nothing helps my migraines. Let me know if you find something that helps you!! I am seriously interested.

Kat, what inspiration! Thanks for sharing that. Everyday we need something to believe in! :)

• Like 1

Muriel you are doing an amazing job - go you!!!

Roxy I will keep you posted - first off I'm trying the HRT for a couple of weeks in case the majority of the migraines are hormonal based. If that doesn't stop them then I'll try the Beta Blocker - also I learnt something from my pharmacist that you may already know but thought I'd share. Apparently people should take Metoclopramide when they have a migraine as the migraine shuts everything down in the digestive system so any medications aren't properly absorbed; Metoclopramide works in the brain and triggers the digestive system so the medications are fully absorbed.

I read on another forum that you have had Kidney stones - having had that unpleasant experience my up most sympathy goes out to you - :hug:

• Like 1

Thanks Helen.......I am a mess! I finally got rid of my 5 day migraine!!! Still have the stones.....wish they were the Rolling Stones instead of Kidney! :waycon:

I bet you are having a 5 day migraine on top of it all would turn me into a blubbering mess ... big ups to you for keeping on building mini's and helping out on the forums etc... sorry but I did giggle at your Rolling Stones comment ... Are they gonna operate on them?

• Like 1

I don't know Helen. They sent me home from the hospital and told me to drink a lot of water and walk . Well I have been doing that all week.......still have pain.....no idea what's next until I can see my doctor this coming week. Sigh........always something.

I had a good day today. I cleaned up my craft mess, went to the store, had lunch in town and made it home in one piece! I bought a bunch of Christmas wrapping stuff in Wally mart. I am determined to not get caught the week before Christmas running the gauntlet in there like last year!!! :bear:

Well, both Lloyd and I are still coughing, but there's a pile of stuff by the front door, ready to go into the car in the morning, and a motel reservation waiting for us in West Memphis, Arkansas, which is pretty much midway between Marshall and New Orleans. Other than the Haunted Heritage this past summer, I haven't been doing much mini work. Packing up odds and ends to take to the Beacon Hill has got my mini genes firing on all four (?) cylinders. I'm ready to go. :D

• Like 2

Friday evening (yay) and I am starting to get the feel of a great sweet head ache coming on so think I am goingto tuck in and dive under a pillow hoping it won't go into full blooming do-nothing kind of feeling in the morning..hugs

I don't know what the people who lived in our house before we bought it did to the microwave over the stove, but it looked like the bottom haad boiled up and melted and cooled in a wierd shape; the latches on the door finally quit a couple of months ago, and then just before we left for our lataest trip the countertop microwave our eldest son and his first wife gave us for a housewarming gift for our Havana house gave up the ghost after nearly 24 years; so today we went shopping for a replacement for the over-the-range model; I can easily live without a microwave, but I can't make mug cake without one...

• Like 1

A) I honestly just told my husband last night he can have his wish for an overhead microwave. B) You may just have confirmed that, holly. What is mug cake?! A possible new addiction?

Thank the Wolfmeister for this: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16792&p=283004

It is SO chocolate that I have two silicon small cake molds I divide the batter between and make one for me & one for DH.

• Like 1

Thank the Wolfmeister for this: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16792&p=283004

It is SO chocolate that I have two silicon small cake molds I divide the batter between and make one for me & one for DH.

OMG Holly! I had to copy that recipe into my notes app. I'm not the cook, DH is, but I want to try this. I can manage a microwave :lol: I wonder if you can use butter for the oil?

We have to watch what we eat so I use canola oil and we don't like terribly sweet, so I cut the amount of sugar by half; and I use water instead of milk. The first time I made it by the recipe and we prefer my modifications' flavor. I can't imagine why the same amount of melted butter wouldn't sub for the oil.

• Like 1

We took a short trip north in New Mexico to Angel Fire today. Here is a photo I took of Wheeler Peak, the highest mountain in New Mexico. I thought I would share with you a little of my day. :)

Note the date is incorrect....today is the 9th. My camera insists that its the 11th! LOL

post-26465-0-24673200-1384038937_thumb.j

• Like 2