Hello from NJ

Neil Cherry

Hello from the great state of NJ!

My name is Neil Cherry, I just purchased a small Dollhouse (the Arthur). This will be the first Dollhouse I'll have ever built. A few years ago I purchased my wife a Dollhouse but it's still unbuilt (it's quite large). The Arthur is to be used in a presentation on home automation (controlling lights and appliances and monitoring security and resources). So the home will have custom electronics built into it. A friend of mine came up with the idea and it's a lot easier than bringing 100+ people to my home and showing them around (my wife definitely doesn't like that idea! :) ). Anyway I want to make the house look somewhat professional as I want the presentation to go well. I'll be asking a lot of questions as I've not done this before. I must have the home built and fully tested by April 26th.

Thanks

PS for those who are curious about what I mean by home automation you can visit my web site. I have an "Intro to Home Automation" for further information. But that has nothing to do with Dollhouses. Don't worry I won't be offended if nobody visits the site. :)

• 1 month later...

Welcome Neil,

Have fun with your construction. I visited your web site. Will the house have a garage door for you to automate? Will you turn on the lights from the outside? Will you have a security system?

:(

Welcome to our "little" family, Neil. The Arthur is a sweet little house and a strightforward build. It was the first kit the Building Team blogged: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...house/index.php? Which is the larger kit? You might as well let your wife build it, if you won't... We'll be glad to help her, and I can tell you from personal experience that many of us miniers would rather receive power tools than candy & flowers!

Hi, Neil, and welcome to the community!

Will be interesting to see how the special electronics work out. Am thinking that a house with one wall missing will be something of a challenge when it comes to installing a security system! :(

Hurray! I can finally post. This is the first time I've been able to post since the first post. Something went wrong and I couldn't do anything.

I haven't touched the house yet, been a little bit more than busy but now it's time t get busy (busier?).

Thanks.

BTW, Florencia, I know where Neshanic is I enjoy cycling through there often. Interesting bridges and scenery in the area. I'm East of you in Monroe.

• 2 weeks later...