So happy to find you folks

lilsparky

Have been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks. Time to participate. Very excited to find such a warm, friendly and enthusiastic community.

Have always wanted to get into doll houses and the miniature world, but thought I had limitations of space, kids, cats, time. Kid is up and out, just moved to a bigger place, and it's becoming clear to me that a cat is a requirement not a limitation (somebody has to supervise)

Got my first doll house yesterday. Starting with the Primrose. Something little to start learning the process.

Also want to learn to make furniture and accessories. Went on a Dremel shopping spree. Should be interesting. I'm mechanically challenged.

Discovered that the Greenleaf facility is practically in my back yard, about 20 miles away. How cool is that?

Looking forward to being part of this community and hope that someday I can be as helpful as all of you are. Know I'll have a ton of questions!!

Stay warm!!

Barbara

Welcome, Barbara. If I lived that close & were 20 years younger I'd be in their personnel office applying right this minute! When you've made five posts you can begin to share pictures of your build.

Hi! ;) I want to build a primrose too. It can be so many things. I'm thinking a scrapbook shop since that's another favorite hobby. I know you'll have a great time putting yours together. You're going to be hooked before you're halfway through, you'll be planning for the next one! :D

Welcome to the forum!

if I lived that close I would have camped out and made them give me a job so I could walk around and pet all the lovely houses before sending them on their way!

do jump in a share your photos and questions!

nutti :D

Thanks for all of your warm words of welcome. What a nice place to be.

Will take a wander sometime soon and see if Greenleaf is where I think it is. Seems to me, years ago, they had an outlet shop there. It's not mentioned on the site anywhere, so maybe not. Doubt I have skills they would want me for, maybe sawdust clean-up? It's funny, though. I worked almost next door to it years ago (if it's where I think it is). I was busy being a new mom and a new nurse then, so didn't have time for dollhouses.

Decided today was Dremel 101. I see it will have some uses, later on. I still have all my fingers. Time to get out the pieces of the Primrose and start sanding.

Will dig out the old digital camera and start taking pictures.

Looking forward to sharing this with all of you. You've taught me so much already!!!!

Welcome to the forum Barbara! My dream would to be to work for Greenleaf...too long of a commute though. This forum is great and the most helpful and wonderful people you will ever meet. Just remember...THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS! Even if it has asked before, there are a lot of people that are wondering the same thing. The Primrose is a great starter house. My house isn't very big, but wish I started smaller. Have fun and enjoy!

Welcome to the gang Barbara! I think it would be so cool to take a tour of the Greenleaf facility. At one time, we were gonna go and do some 'cleaning up' to help Dean out. It was gonna be a roadtrip. Hmmm..since you are so close, perhaps we need to think about this again. :)

Discovered that the Greenleaf facility is practically in my back yard, about 20 miles away. How cool is that?

This doesn't happen often, but .... I am jealous, jealous, JEALOUS! I would definitely be stalking - um, visiting, all the good people there - if I only lived close enough. :wub:

Welcome, Barbara! :wave:

Hey, it'd be fun to have a forum meet-up kind of thing and tour Greenleaf. This is a really nice, rural area, especially in the summer (both weeks hehehe). Very close to Cooperstown and lots of of stuff to do.

I'll see if I can do some leg-work.