Hello everyone, newbie here!

Welcome to you!

you lucky girl! do you know about the Tom Bishop show?

the Thorne Rooms? you are in a wonderful area for the miniature Hobby!

glad you joined in!

what kit are you building?

nutti :)

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful welcome!

They got me the Real Good Toys Victoria's Farmhouse kit. (Strangely enough, the Queen Anne just didn't fit their budget...or maybe I just don't have enough friends!)

Anyway, that seems plenty ambitious enough for first-timers. My sister and I live together, so we started last night priming, sanding, and painting. I have all my wallpaper picked out, but not all the flooring.

I don't know about the show you guys are talking about...can you give details, please?

There are actually three miniature shows going on in Chicago the same weekend, the BIGGEST of which is Tom Bishop's Chicago International. The IMA show is still in Schaumberg, & I'm having a CRS moment about the third (or did I just hallucinate that one?).

Actually, it was a total surprise! I had nagged everyone for years and years about a dollhouse. My mother tells a story that I "ran away" when I was a child, and she finally found me in a neighborhood house with a child of people we didn't know. My comment to her hysterics was, "If I had a dollhouse, I wouldn't have to run away!"

I guess I'm "hard to buy for" (HA!) so when my sister presented this idea to my friends, they all thought it was a great idea to contribute for one thing I really really wanted.