What can I use this for?

Corwin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubber bands make good rawhide, any other ideas for ruber bands?
Holding items together whilst glue dries.

Foam "go-boxes" and meat trays and egg cartons can be cut up into lightweight "stones" or tiles & painted.

I've used the carry out foam trays to make stone pathways, I "emboss" it with a stylus or empty pen to get the shape of the stones, then paint. What to do with acetate that has little squares embossed in it?

small trial size spray perfume bottles. I have two of these, they are about two inches tall and about 1/4 inch around. you can take them apart and you end up with the cap, a tiny spring, the glass vials and the siphoning apparatus. Any ideas? I just know there has to be some uses for these neat little pieces!

Well in real life they'd be about 2 feet high, so could be vases and lamp bases. Some anyway :dog:

I've got lots of sunscreen tops. Basically plastic tops, too tall for lampshades really. They look frosted. Thinking trash cans, maybe something to plant flowers in outside (though the see throughness of them isn't so great for that). Any other ideas?

What about umbrella stands?

Hmmm, as I will never use those plastic fake nails (have my own claws thank you very much LOL) what can I use them for apart from making elephant feet umbrella stands???

Hugs

Translucent tops? Vases with colored pebbles (chopped polyclay scraps) in the bottom and masking tape greenery/ palms.

...those plastic fake nails...
Why would you have those? I wonder how they'd do for miniatures (the painted kind, popular from the late Middle Ages through the late 18th/ early 19th Centuries), or make wee stencils and paint the nails with flat pastel colors and use spackle & the stencils to make cameos?

I like the idea of using the perfume bottle as a lamp base but I feel it's out of scale for a vase and it's too thin for an umbrella stand. Any more ideas?

Artificial nails- maybe a modern tray or dish of some kind with tiny beads for feet. They can be cut and shaped a little, maybe shape into a modern art piece and use a piece of toothpick and button for base. Maybe even add some of those stickers for nails on it as decoration! :dog:

Why would you have those? I wonder how they'd do for miniatures (the painted kind, popular from the late Middle Ages through the late 18th/ early 19th Centuries), or make wee stencils and paint the nails with flat pastel colors and use spackle & the stencils to make cameos?

LOL, a gift from somewhere and me being a packrat...

Hugs

• 5 months later...

Fake nails-Could they be glued to cardstock, in a circular pattern, and made into a fancy clock with a printie face perhaps?

What would you make with the extra chains (some black/some gold) cut from chandeliers and lights, all are about 4 to 6 inch peices?

I'm trying to visualize how you'd do the nails; One clockface per nail, I could see; or cutting them into smaller pieces, I suppose. Someone suggested trays & platters.

The bits of chain could be used to connect banisters on a spiral staircase, or for pull-chains for WCs, ceiling lights/ fans, etc.