What can I use this for?

Corwin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this contact lense holder could be used as a mold to make glue/playdough bowls for the table?

What do you do with tons of left over strips of dh paper, and odds and ends of various flooring?

They're all about 1/2 inch to 2 inches wide and vary in lenght with however long that particular sheet of wallpaper/ flooring was. All are different colors and patterns.

" Kinder Eggs' pointier halves can be used for commode stool (toilet) bowls and the rounder halves can become outdoor firepits, Retro shades for globe-lights and to shape the bottoms of chimnereas...."

What is chimnereas please? I googled but didn't find anything. Thank you. This topic is fantastic.

I used the square shingles to make boxes for fruit and books, and general junk boxes for the bedrooms. Everyone has at least one box in a bedroom don't they? I've also made a box thing in my Willow with the shingles to cover a plug over a doorway that was bugging me, 'cause I could see it no matter where I looked in the room. I painted it to match the doorframe. It looks like part of the house and not out of place. Also, they make great half inch top cupboards! I haven't used the other shapes for anything yet, but have many of those leftover too.

What would you use leftover electric wire for? (These are parts I've shortened from lamp cords, other than just saving them in case I need to splice at some point.)

What would you use leftover electric wire for? (These are parts I've shortened from lamp cords, other than just saving them in case I need to splice at some point.)

You could braid it for curtain tiebacks.

If it is stiff and colored use it to make "plastic" hangers

roll the wire in a flat circle and make placemats or small rugs

What is chimnereas please? I googled but didn't find anything. Thank you. This topic is fantastic.

A chiminera is a clay fireplace used in Southwestern homes. It can be used indoors/outdoors. It has a rounded base, and an elongated "neck". I will try to find an online image to add here.

I could only find a pic of a tealight candle holder shaped like a chiminera - but you get the idea. :)

0268_1.JPG

Empty inhalers can make scubba air tanks or helium balloon tanks.

Hard foam for aranging flowers- when crushed or chopped in a blender, makes great green grass when sprinkled onto a glue surface.

White wood glue- when blue food coloring is mixed in, can be spread and left to dry which becomes clear and shiny like water.

Q-tips- the plastic rod type-are just the right size for miniature candle sticks or broom sticks or plastic PVC pipes.

broken Christmas lights- when separated make great green garden hoses.

Plastic cultery?

Cocktail pick handles make great turned furniture legs. Remove the spoon handle and sand the cut end to match the other end of the bowl for an elegant elongated bathroom lavatory basin. Remove the handle and use the tines for twin-bed headboards, cut them down for matching footboards. Glue the handles to flat buttons for fenceposts.

• 2 weeks later...