Hello from Tampa Bay

Charlee

Hello from sunny Florida. I have just begun working on my first dollhouse kit. Now that my kids are grown and gone, I now have the time (and money) to finally try my hand at it. I am so impressed by some of the beautiful houses pictured here. This seems the perfect place to learn about making dollhouses. I'm happy that I found this forum.

Welcome to our "little" family, Charlene, I rehabbed a Laurel this year that was originally built with hot glue. You can check out my album, "Laurel rehab", to see what I did. I give rehabs to Toys for Tots.

I live over seven hours from you, but DH's mom lives east of Ruskin so we get down your way every so often. I think one of these days you, Melanie & I ought to try to get together to meet face-to-face!

Hi Charlene. I'm also new here. I'm not far from you. I'm in Ft Myers. I also started this hobby late in life, in 2003. Kid's long gone and have grand kids. I was 47 when I built my first dollhouse. It was a Greenleaf Victorian Townhouse. I have built 4 more since and working on 2 right now. I love it. It's a very addicting hobby. You're going to love it too. Just a note about the hot glue. I built my first house with hot glue and after about 2 years it DID come apart easy. On the other hand, I have used hot glue on all my other house's shingles and they are all still good to go.