A Funny Thing Happened

havanaholly

OOOOOOOOTYTYTYTYTYTY

Im so glad you are concientious about your Dr visits!

please do EVERYTHING the Dr. tells you to do! we need your little pearls of wisdom for a long time to come!!!

please do take care of yourself my sweet!

nutti :p

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all again, I''m going to have to go offline in a mo', before I short out the keyboard with the tears of gratitude at all the love & concern.

For all y'all concerned about my health, I have been a good, doctor-compliant girl all along eating my low-fat, low-carb diet and exercising and keeping my weight down (I guess it's gonna come down a bit downer now!lol), this was a mechanical problem with my heart, not disease (except for the little can-can on the echocardiogram monitor that is an electrical impulse blockage, my heart is disgustingly healthy, not enlarged, etc), and more than likely hereditary, since all of my immediate family died of one sort of heart ailment or another (and at nearly 66 I've outlived nearly all of them).

Like Deb on the bucket-kicking post, I have already faced the worst, so my attitude is "whenever-you're-ready, Lord", but I'm in no hurry to upset my family & friends. The whole episode has such a sense of the surreal about it! BTW, my angel's name is Miseal (My-say-el) and he is balding with fingernails bitten to the quick! But he still hangs out with me & I'm delighted!

I've only just signed on and read about your new pacemaker. I'm so thankful that you went to the doctors and that they took immediate action. You are such a very special person and I'm quite shaken up to read that your heart hasn't been working properly. Will you stay home over Christmas? Does it feel strange to have a pacemaker ticking away inside of you?

Hugs

-Susanne

I've only just signed on and read about your new pacemaker. I'm so thankful that you went to the doctors and that they took immediate action. You are such a very special person and I'm quite shaken up to read that your heart hasn't been working properly. Will you stay home over Christmas? Does it feel strange to have a pacemaker ticking away inside of you?

Hugs

-Susanne

The truly scary (for DH) part is that I had absolutely NO symptoms that my heart was slowing down on its way to stopping, as I stopped taking my pulse during & after heavy exercise, since it's now no longer "heavy" exercise and I had gotten used to it dropping from 110 when I first hopped off the back of the bike to 60 within a couple of minutes.

In the hospital Tuesday night, because it's so quiet when the PA wasn't going off paging doctors, etc, I could actually notice it firing; I still do when I quiet my mind, it's a very comforting sensation, actually.

I promise I would miss y'all too much NOT to take good care.

What a shock to read about your problem. I am so glad you kept your appointment, and that your guardian angel was looking out for you. While I usually just lurk, I always enjoy your posts, and miss them when you are away. The scariest parts are the what ifs, thankfully you made it just fine. Please take extra care, as everyone has said, we need you.

Shirley

OMG!! I go offline for a couple of days and come back to have my heart stop when I read this. Holly, dear are you sure you are ok? I'm so glad you got your check up and they found it in time. You know I love ya.

Oh, heck, Peggi, that's why I PM'd you! I'm well on the mend, now, will be able to begin using my left arm again starting Weds! Around our family, depending on which son it is, I'm a) the Bionic Woman, :p Borg or c) a Timex watch (y'all see where they get it, of course!lol).

Oh, heck, Peggi, that's why I PM'd you! I'm well on the mend, now, will be able to begin using my left arm again starting Weds! Around our family, depending on which son it is, I'm a) the Bionic Woman, :banana: Borg or c) a Timex watch (y'all see where they get it, of course!lol).

Awwwww, aren't the "little boys" just so sweet with the nicknames and such???? And seriously, it feels so good to hear that you are on the mend and that you will be able to be doing some light mini-ing as well soon :p

Hugs!!!!

:p:banana::)

Just now reading this as I hardly ever come to the Chit Chat section but I had to read about the surgery you talked about in the other post in general mini talk. Oh my goodness- sorry you had to go through it but happy it saved your life.

Everybody apparently got so excited that the doctor forgot to write renewals or to finish the refills for my perscriptions for the coming year, so we're going in tomorrow to get that taken care of & so I can throw a hug on my doctor for making me go get this done.

After Tuesday I can begin to move my left upper arm back to normal. DH has been so wonderful about cooking & washing dishes & today he helped me with a load of dirty clothes! The bruise is looking properly ugly & I'm well on the mend, and you are all SO sweet! I appreciate & love each & every one of you, but y'all already knew that...

Update: We got up early, went out for breakfast & then in to our doctor for the Rxs and he wanted to start the follow-up. He is SO pleased! Now that my heart is "firing" (& beating) normally we can begin to regulate & lower my rising blood pressure, which the heart block had been disguising all year!

After we got done we went shopping for some wardrobe replacements and then we stopped by the Department of Environmental Protection offices where DH used to work to wish everyone who had to come in to work today a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year; as expected, all our friends were the ones who had had to work, so we had a great time visiting with them! Then we ran some more errands and ate dinner before coming home. This was my first day up and running around (yesterday I was up & off my feet, still), and I feel SO good!

I wish all of you the happiest, most blessed holidays whatever deity you worship/ honor can bestow upon you. Give Him/ Her/ It thanks for the gifts of life and love.