Please end this week,

TinyJudi

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this post, but I thought perhaps I might feel better if I do. It has been one of THOSE weeks here and my nerves are shot. I hope no one minds if I borrow a shoulder or two to cry on. Here we go...

Monday & Tuesday: At work, we lose two employees due to theft. One of them is related to me in a roundabout way. She is the girlfriend of my husband's step cousin. I told them when she got hired and the manager said, well, since it is such a distant relation, we are not going to worry about it. No, she has been fired and the 'family' is turning to me asking me what happened. I don't need this. Not my fault the girl is a thief!

Wednesay: I finally bite the bullet and take my car to get the brakes worked on. 3 1/2 hours and $103.00 dollars later, I have new brakes, but the darn things still squeak. The mechanic said it is from the new brake pad and some dust in the rear brakes. I notice on my drive home that the car is not running right. It was to GOOOOO and that is not good. I was at a stoplight...made a complete stop...and when the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake but did not give it any gas and on a flat section of road, I got up to 25 mph. Now remember, I was not pushing on the accelorator. It was idling that fast. I made it home and parked it. I told hubby, who is less mechanically inclined than I am and he said he would call his dad to look at it. I called work and told them I would not be in the next day because of my car.

Thursday: I am up early waiting for FIL to show up to check the car. While I am patiently waiting for him, my DH caseworker called about his Medicaid. He is on disability and takes about $500.00 worth of medicines a month. She told me he would no longer qualify for Medicaid since our son was out of school. So, now I have to figure out a way to get his meds monthly. I do have the option of putting him on my insurance, but the co-pay for the meds is still going to be high. But, at least it is an option I can take. While still waiting for FIL, hubby and I decide perhaps it is time to look for another cehicle. I call a local dealership and see about getting financed. I know it is not going to go through, but I try anyway. The guy promises to call me back. While I wait for him, I make another call to the place I bought my current car from. They have a buy here, pay here program. The man tells me he only have one car available and there is another lady interested in it. He said to call him back on Monday, if I don't hear from him before that. FIL finally shows up around noon :wave: . He looks the car over and decides it is not something he can fix.

Friday: I still have not heard from the car dealership I applied for financing through. I call the salesman's cell phone and leave him a not so nice message. He calls me back and gives me a bunch of lines about why I was not approved. I told him that I figured I wouldn't be. He tried to get me to come and see him about credit repair and how if I got rid of my credit cards, I could fix my credit. I inform him that I have no regular credit cards and the bad mark on my credit history is from a back hospital bill that I am trying to pay off. Then I told him that all I really wanted was a call back from him, but instead he left me hanging because he knew he wouldn't make any money off of me, so I was unimportant to him. Then I hung up on him. That made me feel a little better. :ohyeah: I was scheduled to work at 12:30 and I tell hubby that I am going in anyway. I could not afford to miss any more work. The care gets me there fortunately. Once I am there, the assistant manager tells me that we need bank change and to go and get it. I tell him I can't because I am not driving that car any more than I have to and he is lucky I came to work at all. He decides he wants to get an attitude with me. I decide to get one back. After he finishes his rant, I simply look at him and tell him, Hey, it is not my job to go to the bank. I only do it out of consideration for my co-workers. So, he gets someone else to go. I still don't know why he couldn't do it himself. I make it home from work at 9 pm (goodness I hate driving after dark) and find DH sitting here with the hiccups. He said he has had them for about 2 hours. Poor guy. I talk him into trying the spoonful of sugar trick. Yeah, that didn't work either. He said his head was hurting from all the hiccupping. He decides to take an aspirin. He took a big drink of water with it and the burped and I mean BURPED!! I have never heard such a loud and long burp. But...you guessed it, it ended his hiccups.

Saturday: Well, the day is just beginning and I do actually feel better after typing all of this out. I have to work this morning, but I am not too worried about the car. I will just take it easy and drive slow, with my left foot resting near the brake, just in case.

Thank you my friends for taking the time to read all of this. I still have the problems listed above, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I guess it really does work to write it all out. So, now it is just a waiting game.

Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday!!!

Oh so sorry Judi, I hope this weekend is much better for you.

Did your FIL check to see if the idle needed to be lowered? I am no way a car person but we had a car that did that and our mechanic lowered the idle and it was fine. We dont get loans thru the dealerships. They can charge you whatever they want in interest even if you have good credit. We get a loan first thru the credit union. They usually give it to us even though we have stinky credit because the payments come right out of Dh`s check. We never see it.

Then WE have leverage with the salesmen. (Fred worked in dealerships for over 20 yrs..he knows it all..LOL)

I hope you can figure out a way with the Medicade. Has he applied for Social Security? Then he can get Medicare to pay for the medications.

Aww Judi, some weeks (days) just seem worse than others for no good reason at all. I agree with Heidi, in asking 'is Social Security an option?'. And as to the car, while I am no mechanic, I also agree that your idle is set too high, and you need to have it lowered before something worse happens to you or the car. Applause for the way you handled your 'bank run' incident. Keep a cool head, and stand your ground esp. when asked to do something that is clearly not your job. :wave:

Huggs and good thoughts, hope you have a better week. :ohyeah: Remember, you are not given anymore than you can handle; there is always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how long, and we will always listen to you, because sharing does lighten the burden. Dawn

Hubby is already on SS and receives monthly benefits. He also has Medicare. The Medicare coverage for meds is set up likes this. The meds will be partially covered, up to $2000. After that and up to $5000., he is responsible for. After $5000., they pay full amounts. He receives $600 a month in benefits but his meds run between $400 and $500. So it barely makes enough to cover them. I can't put him on my insurance until Dec 31. His Medicaid coverage ends Nov. 1. The caseworker suggested we get three month prescriptions to get through until I can get him on my insurance. Even with my insurance, the meds are costly, but at least doable. Medicaid is also what paid for his monthly visits to the doctor. It is a mess, but it will work itself out...I hope. Thanks for the suggestions about the car. I will have that checked. I am just afraid that with as old as the car is, it will turn out to be the first of many problems. Hang in there Judi....!!!

The three month suggestion seems like sound advice, it would get you to the new year, (if you can swing it now) when you could add Dh to you plan. Have you contacted the drug manufacturers? There are several who will pay for your meds, if the situations warrent it, and asking cant hurt. Also ask your Dr if they can provide samples of your Hubbys meds for a while, I know that they did for my stepfather when he was without medicare for a while. They can't do all of them, but even if they did 1.........and way, can't hurt to ask they either. Huggs!

Judi,

I will be dealing with a sort of similar situation soon. Since Chelsea is taking a year off, she will be dropped from our insurance in February. She will be picked up again in Sept 08 when she starts school. Her doctor will be giving her larger prescriptions so that she will be able to stretch them out for awhile.

Hang in there..it will get better.

Can they also give him generic brands and the also the free samples??

Also talk to your Pharmacy and see if they have any special plans and also check and

see if any meds on the the wal mart plan??

I am sorry for the bad days they seem to creep up on us and don't leave us alone sometimes..

(((((((((Bigggggggggg Hugssssssssss))))))))))))))))

Sorry, what a week! There is one thing I know of that you can do to pay for medicine and it does not take much time. Go on line and get then forms from major pharmaceutical companies that make the name brand of the meds you need. You will need one form for each medication but they are easy to fill out. Then take the completed forms to your medical provider and have his office complete their part of the form. DH will get three months of medication at a time. Sometimes the forms (like RX's) need to be filled out each time, some are for a year. It takes no more that three weeks from when the forms are mailed to get the meds. They go to the doctors office and you will need to P/U. The Montel Williams Foundation also has a medication program but I am not sure how it works. Hope this is helpful and that next week is better, much better.

Oh my, you certainly have had your plate full this week, will keep you in my thoughts and sending positive energy your way in hoping you will get through this week as well as next etc....

But the suggestion with chocolate chip papncakes and a day with minis also sounds like a great one right about now!!!

Lots and lots of hugs

You poor thing - it really has been piling up on you, hasn't it? Hope the meds situation can be resolved, and the old car fixed up to see you through until you can afford to replace it. Glad it helped to unburden yourself here - the grass is always greener at Greenleaf!

What minis are you going to play with today? (This is YOUR medication!)

Hope next week is better. I had that idle problem, I got a ticket for going 65 in a 50 zone, I didn't realize it was happening, one minute I looked at the speedometer ad it said 50 next thing you know, I'm being pulled over and my foot never touched the excelarater. So be careful when driving so you don't speed without realizing it. Good luck!!

My car also does the "accelerating thing", it also sometimes will not accelerate. The dealership keeps telling me there is nothing wronge with it. Apparently I am imaging it. It is dangerous and scary. I have a Chrysler, how about the rest of you who mentioned this?

You have my sympathy. I also had a horrendous week with my 22 year old son. He had a head injury a year ago, lives at home, does not work or drive, and every night when I get home from work he wants to make a grocery store run. Finally, Thursday my husband (who is a Saint) politely mentioned he should get several days of food at once. Well, my son got his butt on his shoulders over that, called his father to come pick him up, packed his things, and moved into his fathers house.

Needless to say, I ended the week with a trip to the liquor store. (And I rarely drink)

Cheers!

P.S. - Hang in there...it always gets better. Seems like these stretches come along every so often.

I always keep taking my car back to the mechanic until they get it right. I tell them they didn't do it right because I'm still having the problem. I think they finally fix it right to get rid of me.