* NEWBIE *

summerdaisy06

Yay Im so excited to be here!!!!

My name is Daisy... and I have had 3 dollhouses :w00t:

My first ever dollhouse was about 3 years ago I purchased the Fairfield from Greenleaf ( 1/2 scale ).. it was a complete disaster... I love the half scale sz... but it was so very hard to put together.. defiantly not a good choice for myself for a starter.... It was fun though and Im ready to start from scratch again!!! ( bigger scale this time! )

My next house I bought for about 100 dollars it was a 1/2 scale house as well this one was completly put together... just needed to be finished off... I loved this house... It has to be by far my favorite!!! I really really enjoyed the process of finishing it up.... it was sooo much fun ( though I never furnish it... just don't have the money for it ).

My next house was about a year ago I bought for 50 dollars and this one was in rough shape! I had alot of fun restoring this old house as well.........

and well know im ready for my next project!

Im actually getting a couple of houses in the next week ( one tomorrow! )

The one im picking up tomorrow is a kit... so it needs to be put together... its quite old apparently.... Im so excited to see what it looks like!!! And this will be a good chance to begin a kit from scratch again.. Im hoping I have more suscess with this one then I did with my fairfield.. which honestly I truelly think I will. ( I will post pictures of this house tomorrow and along my building process! )

The next house sounds very very exciting.... and I should be getting it withen a week or two.

Apparently there was this old man who was a really good woodworking and he had been working ona house out in the barn for some time..... untill he died. Its been sitting out there for about 10 or so years ( unharmed just very dusty )... I guess it just started... the frame is up but not the walls or the roof... but it has amazing wood work in it... The lady who bought the house is cleaning out the barn when she found it and aske d the family about it.... and guess what I get it and for Free too... Im so excited to see this and finish it to its true beauty. ( will take pictures as well )...

and then after I finish these I have been working on plans for a kit bashing :) The coventry cottage & the arthur are going to become one .... but thats still far in the future and just randoms thoughts & idea's still running thru my head ont hat one :)

Okay well Im quite long winded.. LOL I look forward to sharing my journey of building/restoring dollhouses with you girlies & guys.... and I will post pictures of my new projects as soon as I recieve them!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood Daisy! I LOVE the fairfield too and did not complete mine and ended up selling it half built. I have one in a kit now but I have a little more experience and want to crack it open this winter! I Love 1/2" scale houses and I must say, the Victorianna is a breeze to put together compared to the fairfield so I can't wait for it to be released :w00t:

I never furnish it... just don't have the money for it
That's how I got started making my own furniture.

Welcome to the forum, Daisy; after five posts you can open albums and post pictures. Last year I rehabbed a Storybook Cottage, what there was of it, and posted the pictures in my "houses" album. This year I just completed rehabbing a Laurel (the album, oddly enough, is titled "Laurel rehab").

it looks very much like the McKinley!!
The Victorianna IS a 1:24 scale McKinley. I haven't tried 1:24 yet, but have two Fairfields I want to bash together and make a ME (Maine) "summer cottage"; I also have the Fantasy Villa and a casa kit in that scale.

Now I'm getting all antsy & curious to see your pictures.

I'm so glad you're here!

Oppps sorry for the pink... I will change to blk.. easier to read! LOL

Yes I have done 3 houses.... though I sadely do not have pictures... I didn't have a camera back then... But I do now!!!!!

I always pass mine on.... thats my hubbies rule... when its done it gone.. Im only suppose to have 1 at a time.. though shhhh Im about to have 3... but my hubby is deployed for 6 months so he will never know :) LOL