Newbie from Florida

Hello all, I am really new to this, and still trying to figure out the website. I am in the process of building my first doll house, and having a blast, I think making my husband crazy with all the money I am spending. I am going to try to post some pictures, anyway its great to have a communtiy like this, dollhouses are a great lost art, and should be cherished. I hope to talk to you all soon, and hope to have some of my pictures posted soon. Bye

Jenna

Welcome, to the community. I agree dollhouses are a lost art. Maybe your husband will stop letting your hobbie drive him crazy, and join in! Mine did, and so did quite a few other DH's here. Have fun! What are you building? Can't wait to see pics! We all love pics here!

thank you for the warm welcome. I am building the Authur. I bought it on Ebay for $30.00. I thought since it was my first I better sart small. I have addad all my own components such as windows, and doors, and now the fireplace, and chimneys. I am gettinf ready to add the "Houseworks #9900 conservatory" I am pretty excited.

I want to start a blog, or a place where I can document my progress, but i cannot figure it out, can someone help?

talk to you all soon

God Bless

Jenna

Welcome to the forum, Jenna. Is your DH in the Navy? When we lived in Jacksonville we lived on the "west side" off of 103rd street, our street was across from the library.

The Arthur was the first kit I built on the GL building team and it was a little cutie.

When you have made a total of five posts you can make albums of your pictures in the Gallery. I think you must request permission to make a blog. I just describe what I did for a given picture in the "comments" section. Your DH has just begun to roll his eyes, BTW. Any thoughts about which house you want to build next?

no ideas as to which dollhouse I want to build next, Although my biggest frustration with the "Arthur" is that the rooms are so small and the furniture looks huge and out of proportion, so the next dollhouse will have bigger rooms.

I just got home from AC Moore...my favorite store and I purchased the "Conservatory" I am so excited, it is going to look so nice. Ok I will try to post some pictures.

Jen

biggest frustration with the "Arthur" is that the rooms are so small and the furniture looks huge and out of proportion
The lady who now has the Arthur I built furnished it from Miniatures in the Attic (which, alas, is no more) and found items that fit nicely:

post-8-1184011311_thumb.jpgpost-8-1184011345_thumb.jpg

Hi and :wave: ! You need 5 posts to create an album, and I would guess a blog as well. You can post pictures by adding an attachment in the reply screen and then click on the

+ in the drop down menu to have it show up in your post. I can't wait to see pictures.

:(

Hi Jen! Welcome to dollhousing!!! :wave: I'm pretty new myself. It sounds like you've really done a lot fast! I'm envious in a way. I started with a bigger project and it is slow going, so I'm having to be patient to actually see what "rooms" will look like! :( Can't wait to see your pictures! I hope to get some in there one day, as well. I love the Psalms as well. They've helped me through some difficult times! Nice to have you in the forum! Sue

Welcome to the forum!

so glad you found us! as I told you over in the other area I think you did a wondeerful job on your Arthur. and I to wondered were you going to build another?

I love my Arthur and pretty much every house I have.

Dollhouses are definatly a slow dying artform....I hope it can make a comeback for future generations!

nutti :wave:

Sorry I'm a little late to welcome you - you slipped under my radar! I have an Arthur, and I just love it. :flowers: I'm going to go and look at yours now.

Oh, you did a great job! The conservatory looks like it was made for the Arthur. It's lovely.