Greetings!

Hello!

I have lurked here on occasion and joined this morning after I purchased a RGT 1/2 scale farmhouse just last night!

I have made three dollhouses.

One was a Pierce in college. I was very impatient and painted the roof dark brown instead of adding the shingles. And the house was a painted blue. I was too impatient to do wallpaper and flooring before I put it together, so i ended up doing that all after it was together. I used kits to make furniture for it.

I brought that big ol' house home in my hatchback and it sat behind my bed for years. My mother called it a haunted house. Heh. Eventually it disappeared and I guess she sold it in a garage sale. I keep waiting for someone to be doing a restoration of it on some website.

I also made a homemade dollhouse at some point that had a flat back and could hang on the wall. Everything in it was homemade. It was very crude, but it served my purposes. At some point I tired of it and threw it out. That's the only house I now regret not still having.

Once I got out on my own I made a little house... it's pretty common... the Columbian, I think. It was painted a bit more carefully, but still a lot of impatience kept me from adding some trim and doing things right. It had mostly furniture I made from kits. After I moved to my new house, it sat in the garage and spiders moved in. I rescued the pieces I cherished the most, but gave the house away.

Since then I got a lot of my house building fix from the computer game "The Sims." GREAT FUN if you like building, designing, and furnishing little (and big) houses. It's cool to see the little people enjoy their homes.

Now here I am again. I want to try half scale. I want to try lighting. I want to try not doing everything in a rush and taking my time.

That's my dollhouse autobiography.

Hello and welcome Marva!

I don't have the RGT 1/2" house but many of us here have the Greenleaf Fairfield. Mine is still in the box, but I'm working on the Pierce right now and my workroom only has room for that right now. But I am putting together 1/2" furniture for it already! What a pleasure that is! So tiny! And I really can't wait to start on the Fairfield! At least it's small enough I can put it in the middle of the table and use it to hold salt and pepper shakers! LOL

Again, hello and Welcome!

Wolfie

Hello and welcome, glad that you joined. I have the fairfield which i was lucky enough to get for free from one of our wonderful members. Im really enjoying working in a smaller scale. Though there is not enough furniture selection for 1/2 scale. So im gonna end up making alot. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

jenn

The Fairfield is sooo cute. I have seen lots of pictures of that one being done. In some blog they mentioned that it was very complicated, so went with one that looked easier.

I have found Gina's blog from this site and I'm in hog heaven reading about all of her houses, including the fairfield and the little furniture kit!

Welcome to the forum, Marva. I'm rehabbing a Laurel that looked like it started out being put together by someone with good intentions, overly high expectations and a hefty dose of your impatience.

Maybe when you start getting in a hurry you'll back away from the next house and go do something else until you feel like taking your time. As I have pointed out several times in other posts, we aren't in a race to see who can build the most houses in the shortest amount of time, and you certainly wouldn't win any prizes for a house like that! For some of us this may have begun as a hobby and now provides income, but I think most of us are hobbyists who just get pleasure from the act of creating, and it's worth taking time to have it come out nicely. So sit back, come join us for chat whilst your glue or paint dries.

Hello and welcome. It took me 9 months to build my first house the Lily. I tend to take a lot of time, I only get impatient when I'm trying hard to figure something out and it doesn't work on the first try. LOL

Sit back and enjoy the process.

Welcome!

Im soo glad you found our forum!

sounds like you enjoy building! I do also. half scale is alot of fun and has many challenges.

but takes less space for the finished product!

nutti :whistle:

"hiya" Welcome to the forum! I know what you mean about being impatient, but the house I'm working on is huge. It's called the Garfield and I love it and fell in love with some of the pictures I've seen on this site and am using these as an inspiration to forestall the impatience. I am going between enjoying the process to itching to see some progress! :whistle: Each step has so many pieces that I'm having to take deep breaths and "learn" to slow myself down. Also I've been recovering from major surgery and my body just doesn't allow me to sit at the table for hours and hours at a time. It's all been a learning process, but I'm starting to enjoy the ahs and oohs that I'm getting from friends and family even though my walls aren't even up yet! I've just put in a wooden floor and finished the upstairs and downstairs staircases. I'm so glad I started though! Good Luck on your new house! Remember to put in pictures so we can enjoy your progress! Sue