Introduction

Hello from Connecticut. I joined this group to find information on a house I was asked to finish. A 1979 Arrow kit #695. But I have been collecting and making miniatures since the earlier 1970s'. It has always been a passion of mine to recreate scenes, moments of time, in miniature. I have built 4 houses over the last 7 years, but just recently electrified my first, the Astor, as a Christmas Shop. I used to teach high school Interior Design where I had them work with foam board and scrap wood to create scale models of different styles or techniques..............teens loved it as did I. I don't know of any organized group in my area, the shops in CT are far from where I live. I shop mostly online for what I buy or supplies. Well Happy Crafting! Dawn

Hello and welcome Dawn! Your expertise and experience is very welcome here. I too live very rural and there are no miniature people here in Seeley Lake, Montana or anywhere to buy supplies, etc., around me. So I find that this forum is my mini club and it's HUGE!

Again, hello and welcome. This is all the mini organization you are going to need for a while!

Wolfie

Hello Fellow Nutmegger!

What part of the state do you live? I live on the shoreline and there is a shop in Lyme that I havent visited yet. It is very difficult to find places to purchase minis here.

Glad you found us!

Heidi

Welcome to the forum, Dawn. I guess we'll be picking your brains from time to time. I wonder if it's much further for you & Heidi to drive to Earth & Tree in southern NH than it is for me to go to Ron's in Orlando (300+ miles).

OMG! I live in New London!! Woohoo!

I think there is a club in Dayville but it is in the evenings and I never felt like driving out in the sticks in the dark..creeps me out.

The only places I am able to purchase are at AC Moore in New London and online.

If you search in the Everybody Else section, You might be able to find someone that has worked on that particular Arrow kit. I havent done any of those kits yet.

Maybe one day we will have to meet one day in the future...I am always up at the Book Barn (lots of mini books), Scott`s to get strawberries, the movie theatre downtown, or Smith`s Acres to get plants.

Cool! :wave:

WOW thanks Guys! It seems to be a nice place to hang out here.

I already got some input on the Arrow kit but more wouldn't be overlooked.

Heidi: close neighbors! I don't even know where Dayville is to be honest! It seems we hang at the same places! Nice to know there is another mini nut close by. I plan to enter the Astor-Christmas Shop in the North Stonington Fair that happens July 11th to 15th if you get a chance or happen to go. Well that is if the stucco dries, hehehe, am a last minute pressure motivated person.

Once I figure out how to take better pictures with the digital camera, and upload them, I'll put a few of my more recent projects on here.

Well off to our family beach house across town to visit and hang with my siblings..............Have a great day everyone!