Hi! I'm Katie.

My name is Katie. I just bought an Orchid two days ago, and I'm having a blast putting it together. I haven't really had any problems...the only thing I had a problem with was the double hung windows and this forum helped me out a lot with that. I live in Oklahoma. Any other Okies here? I'm nineteen years old (gonna be 20 in September, though...) and I LOVE DOLLHOUSES! lol I've been looking at all the furniture and stuff for dollhouses and I'm amazed at the variety. I didn't think there would be so much! Anyway, any input would be appreciated...this is my very first dollhouse and I'm soo hoping I can make it look good.

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum. When you have questions, just ask, someone here should know the answer or can al least help you find the help you need.

BTW, Katie is one of my favorite names.

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum. You have started on a fun hobby! This site is very helpful, lots of creative juices flowing!

Don't forget we like to see pics.

Melva

My son is stationed in Oka.

Welcome to our "little" web family, Katie :) I found the Corona Concepts kit furniture a tad on the large side for the Orchid, so I subbed some of the Greenleaf furniture that came with the Coventry Cottage & it works much better, and the CC furniture is OK in the Coventry. When you make a total of five posts you can open an album in the Gallery so we can see your pictures. Up until then you can add your pictures to your posts, but you'll want to resize them so you don't exceed bandwidth.

hello, and welcome!

i hope to build an Orchid one day, it's such a pretty house!

looking forward to hearing more abt you and your project.

:D

Hello Katie and welcome! YOu will have much fun here I promise you! You've got an Orchid! What a pretty, pretty house that is! Many folks on here have made them up and they are just lovely! Congrats!

Again, welcome!

Wolfie

Okay, I've decided that my introduction was kind of skimpy. I'll give you a little more information to get to know me better.

I'm 19 (of course) and I'm so proud of what I've accomplished in so short a time. I'm with the man I've been in love with for the last 7 years. I have a house. I can cook! That's the bestest thing ever lol...I can sew pretty well. I love crafts of any kind. I like physical activities as well as mental activities. My favorite thing to do (used to be! before my dollhouse lol) is reading. I love books! Mostly sci fi and fantasy.

I have five brothers and two sisters. My best friend is pregnant and I'm going to be the godmother. (YAY!) I don't drink or do drugs. I used to, but that got old quick when I realised how much it was messing up my life. I quit college because my head wasn't right. So yay me! I quit SOME of my bad habits. Umm thats about all I can think of for now:P

Hi and welcome, Katie! (A little belated, sorry.) I love to read, too. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Historical Fiction - my tastes are pretty wide. One thing I just can't stand is Harlequin Romances. No offense to those who love them - they just don't appeal to me. Hope you're having fun with your Orchid!

Sorry for a very late welcome! I have replied to some of your other posts already, and love your Orchid. My apologies for the tardiness, but you must have figured out by now, how all time consuming our hobby can be! I've been working on my Beacon Hill. Glad to hear all seems well with you.