The Old Becomes New!

this is a super nice house, and isn't the exterior painting GORGEOUS?!

Anna, here's Linda's pic, posted for the blog list of houses and photos. It shows the earlier incarnation and its interior lay-out:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=11582

Ahhh, thanks C.J, now I can picture it alittle better! It looks truly lovley and hmmm, now wonder what it might whisper if one opened a box???? Perhaps it might be telling me stuff while snoozing... ;)

Hugs and night night!

That house is absolutely stunning, and it is MUCH bigger than it appears in that picture! I happened to see one while in New York, and that house is GORGEOUS!!!!

Well after a good night's sleep (and actually dreaming dollhouses...) I keep coming back to the Mary Poppin's theme, don't know why but IF I could convince hubby I do think that that is what I would like to make out of it...

Oh, one can dream, right?!? ;)

Hugs

The Washington 2.0

Stand by for further details!

Okay, I'm standing by!! <shifting from one foot to the other> I know! Everyone grab your sleeping bags, camp chairs, coolers and favorite snacks. This is like the virtual equivilent of standing in line for days waiting for concert tickets. <cackle>

Very cool Dean! It's great to see such a sweet house coming back on the market.

Deb

Well after a good night's sleep (and actually dreaming dollhouses...) I keep coming back to the Mary Poppin's theme, don't know why but IF I could convince hubby I do think that that is what I would like to make out of it...

Hugs

Ooh, what a good idea! Do you mind if I poach it? I may have to add that to my list of "to do"s. (And another storage box to start collecting stuff in.) :banana:

Ooh, what a good idea! Do you mind if I poach it? I may have to add that to my list of "to do"s. (And another storage box to start collecting stuff in.) :banana:

Not at all! You use it and hopefully one of us will be able to get it done!

Hugs

What an adorable house! I'm adding it to my list . . . {{looking behind my back to make sure hubby's not lookin'!}} :banana:

Does any one know who painted it like that? That is fantastic.

I don't know who painted this house, but it's exactly the kind of painting I used to do and used to teach in my studio! I never would have thought to paint a house like that . . . definitely on my 'to do' list!!

I finally know too what I'm going to do with my Robin's Roost!! :banana:

but it's exactly the kind of painting I used to do and used to teach in my studio

and would this be something you could show us online!

I love this kind of stuff but I am soooo clue less as to how to proceede

like what brush and how to do this or that...I envy those of you who can do such things.

wouldnt my lil hutches be sooo charming with this touch added to them?

nutti :banana:

I love this house :banana: Mostly I love the way it is painted. Could I do that? Maybe. Do I want this house? Yes. Do I have a place to put it? I will find one.Thanks Dean :banana:

The toll painting on this little house is so pretty and inspiring, I ran a copy off and showed it to my husband and adult daughter. They agreed that it is really sweet. It will be forever before I finish my Garfield and the Beacon Hill (which I ended up buying by mistake because it was supposed to be out of order and then it came anyway and I ended up with 2 houses!) is sitting in the wings and will be my next project, but this sweet little house is kind of in the back of my mind now!! This hobby is beginning to turn into an obsession!! :) LOL I love Greenleaf! Sue

Remember to share pictures!

-Susanne

I will!

Just as soon as I find the liner brush I need. I could order it online, but I am allergic to the shipping charges. I am having trouble locating one here.

I finally know too what I'm going to do with my Robin's Roost!! :)

I can't wait to see yours.

The painting is wonderful. I can see all kinds of possibilities with this house. The ideas are spinning inside my head...I better jot some of them down so I don't get overloaded. Ok...finish the Glencroft while patiently waiting for this house to become available....I must stay focused. Oh, it is just too difficult to focus right now. I am gonna go look at the Washington again. :)

like what brush and how to do this or that...I envy those of you who can do such things.

I think it might be kind of hard to show online, Nutti. I know there are books out there that show the different techniques, but I find it much easier to learn from someone in person. I think Micheal's offers classes in folk art or tole painting which you may find useful! You may want to purchase a book if you're so inclined, which I think you can also get at Micheal's, and give it a go. Most books outline the different brushes too and what they're used for. I can't live without my shading brush, dry brush and my liner . . . love 'em!!

YES, your hutches would look absolutely charming with painted touches on them!!

nutti :)

Donna Dewberry has a show on PBS on Sundays. She has some pretty good books, too. Plaid, I think, sells her line of stuff. They sell laminated practice sheets that can be painted. Jackie Shaw books are good, I think they are out of print. Beginning Tole Painting Series by Linda Wright

YES, your hutches would look absolutely charming with painted touches on them!!

I agree!