Completed Miniature Toy Store

Missymew

I've put photos in the gallery of my completed miniature toy store.

This was my first dollhouse renovation - I'd picked up a mostly pre-built Arrow dollhouse off of Ebay last year.

I'd have to say that after building a dollhouse from a kit (Orchid) and renovating this dollhouse (Arrow) that I definitely prefer building from scratch. It really is easier than "fixing up" somebody else's work.

Mind you, I'd still consider renovating if it was a really beautiful fixer-upper.

-Susanne

Forgot to say that I agree with you about fixing someone elses work. I love my Apple Blossom but there are so many things wrong with it that it is almost impossible to fix.. at least for my skill level.

Very nice job! You're right, the steps make a great display. I'll have to spend some time looking more at earlier shots -- do you have any of "before" pictures?

Never mind...worked my way back to the beginning. Really nice job! It must have been fun to collect all those toys!

Your toy shop is just adorable! I love seeing how it goes from a sad, neglected lil house to a brand-spankin' new and happy toy shop! I can't decide which is my favorite part....probably...oh just all of it! I love the toys and the landscaping and the floors and the walls and and and.....I also love how neat and organized your workshop looks!

Now, did you glue/wax the toys to keep them in place or are they all loose?

Oh! You did such a wonderful job on your toy shop!! I'm sure it was a lot of work to re-do the house, but it sure looks like it was worth it!

Your toy shop is just adorable! I love seeing how it goes from a sad, neglected lil house to a brand-spankin' new and happy toy shop! I can't decide which is my favorite part....probably...oh just all of it! I love the toys and the landscaping and the floors and the walls and and and.....I also love how neat and organized your workshop looks!

Now, did you glue/wax the toys to keep them in place or are they all loose?

Most of the toys are loose, but I did wax some of them. I'll have to take a photo of where I've put this dollhouse. It's on top of a 1950's RCA television set. It was Ray's parents first television set and is in a "blonde" coloured cabinet. The toy store and landscaped base fit "exactly" on top. I really hadn't planned it. As you all know we seldom decide the exact "where" a dollhouse will go before or even during the build.

-Susanne

Wow! You have made a toy store that would be a dream come true for any child. :whistle: I love all the toys - how long did it take to collect them all? What a happy ending for the house.

the toy store is excellent! wonderful! it's absolutely delightful.

please, i want to live in the wagon with the lion, and see all the toys come to life at nighttime. your house feels magical. :whistle:

Susanne ... another great project! I love the way the toys are scattered about so that your eye travels from one to another ... and if you backtrack, you find delightful little things that you missed the first time. Sweet. :flowers:

Wow! You have made a toy store that would be a dream come true for any child. :flowers: I love all the toys - how long did it take to collect them all? What a happy ending for the house.

It's taken me about 2 years to build up this collection. A lot of my favourites are still in the Beacon Hill. First I bought mini toys for the children' room, then the nursery, next I made up a "toy room", but you all know how collections work .... they never end. Thus, the Toy Store.

-Susanne

It's taken me about 2 years to build up this collection. A lot of my favourites are still in the Beacon Hill. First I bought mini toys for the children' room, then the nursery, next I made up a "toy room", but you all know how collections work .... they never end. Thus, the Toy Store.

-Susanne

These "thus-es" are the best ones LOL, and your toy store is absolutley fabulous! Thanks for sharing it!

Hugs