My new house --- and all the STUFF!!!

I almost feel guilty -- bought this off eBay -- $175 for the house.... including delivery! -- and

17 House of Miniatures kits, all new, wrapped in plastic

2 large packages siding (with price tags, $38.00 each)

5 chandelier lights, wired for electricity, new in package

6 ceiling lights, the kind that fit flat agains the ceiling

zip bag full of assorted electrical components, including wire

4 sheets ceiling tile

2 sheets floor tile

2 sheets plywood for floors (all of this new, Houseworks)

3 huge bags of shingles

2 cans shellac

1 can denatured alcohol

1 small plant

1 butcher block with accessories

1 cast iron stove (Brimble is gonna LOVE it!)

a bathroom set (not new, but porcelain)

2 antique crochet rugs (obviously not new)

at least 15 books of carpet / wallpaper samples

a box of carpet / wallpaper samples..

and I'm not entirely done with the inventory!

And all this DELIVERED, a 3 hour drive from the seller's location to me!

AWESOME!!!!

It is a BIG house...and is just the shell, so there will be lots of things I can do with it. The staircase hasn't been installed, and there isn't one, so I'll have to look around to see how that fits. There are a couple of extra walls, too.

It'll be awhile before I get to the house -- I want to finish Garfield and Brimble, and then decide who will be next...

but all the GOODIES will be spread around among all my little guys and gals! Christmas in March!!

Oh my, sounds like someone found a pot of gold!!!! Congratulations of manking such a great buy!!!! Looking forward seeing what you do with all these treasures!!!

Hugs

That's the best deal ever!!!! You hit the jackpot! I am happy for you. I'd love to see what you do with this house. Did the person know what they were giving away???? Don't feel too bad about it, at least it went to a good home :ohyeah:

Sarah

Wow!! You got a great deal. Congratulations!! I got jealous at the 17 House of Miniature kits. Which ones did you get?

Chippendale:

sofa

serpentine chest (which looks exactly like the full-sized chest I use in my bedroom!)

slant front desk

lowboy

3 drawer chest

wing chair

corner chair

looking glass (this one was opened, but it looks like al the parts are there!)

Hepplewhite

side table

3 piece dining room table

Queen Anne

candle stand

table

then:

William & Mary Tall Case Clock

Side chair, set of 2

single low post bed

closed cabinet top

another double post bed

and a cast iron stove, several plant-greenhouse related things, some boxes, books, cans, a wire basket with 4 milk bottles, a schnauzer dog!, a metal wagon, a metal tricycle, ....

sandpaper, wallpaper, the HOM stain set (still unopened!), a Houseworks window (the extra dormer has already been installed!)...

and the list goes on.

I really would have been happy just with the STUFF for $175..and then there is that lovely house!! \

OMGOSH!

you made out like a bandit!

sounds like someone was going to decorate a wonderful house and now you get tooo!

soo happy for you!

you wont have to buy mini's to make for sometime!

good for you!

BTW...I also am a tad green with envy over the HOM stuff also!

great deal!

nutti :wave:

Wow!! All of those kits could have easily gotten the seller $175. I've been watching some of those kits and they can get pricey for just a couple--nevermind 17 of them. Congrats on a great deal!!

Wow, you hit the jackpot in triplcate!!!! I have to get the nerve up to use EBAY, I'm not very good on the PC, still learning and fearful of using my credit card online. The more great deals I see all of you get however, the more I want to learn how to shop there.

Wow, you hit the jackpot in triplcate!!!! I have to get the nerve up to use EBAY, I'm not very good on the PC, still learning and fearful of using my credit card online. The more great deals I see all of you get however, the more I want to learn how to shop there.

Shopping on eBay isn't really all that hard (just ask my husband as new dollhouses roll in! :wave: ) and dealing with Paypal, the most common way to pay for stuff, is pretty safe.

Before you actually hit the "bid" or "buy it now!" button, though, spend some time reading through some of the material they provide there, like "how to buy". And for sure look at the seller (there will be a link to his "feedback"). Read through the feedbacks and see how reliable and credible the seller is (Usually anything below a 98% positive is a real no-no, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances which you can find through reading the feedback.)

I'd suggest you buy a few inexpensive things first, just to see how it works, before plunging into buying something expensive! I shopped for years for stuff less than $50 before taking the plunge -- only recently -- to buy stuff $100 or more.

There are some precautions you need to take before shopping on line (with credit card or any other way!) but once you learn those, there should not be a problem. I've been shopping on the internet for several years now, and on eBay for a long time, and haven't gotten into trouble yet.

'Cept I keep seeing more dollhouses I'd like to buy!.. :o

Shortly after joining eBay, I signed up for PayPal. With that, you can pay for your items without the seller ever knowing your credit/debit card #.

Also, most sellers will accept money orders and/or personal checks. (Usually the seller will wait for your check to clear before mailing out your item, though.) Before placing your bid, make sure you review the seller's Payment Details.

I absolutely love eBay! :wave:

Thanks, y'all! Yes, it was a wonderful find. And a good thing -- I was thinking about turning around and putting the HOM kits back up for sale, and my husband says, "..no, wait! I think I'd like to tackle those!! Besides, you have lots of houses to fill!!" So we're both happy. And he still is wandering around saying, "wow, you did GOOD with that purchase!!" Keep him happy, then I can buy more houses! :whistle:

NICE!!!!!! Is that 3/8" plywood or 1/8"??? It is goign to be gorgeous once finished. What a deal!

Justmesue, Uppitycats gave great Ebaying tips. Getting started is the hardest part. It is actually very easy. Probably TOO easy which is why I buy more than i should LOL. ALso be careful to check SHIPPING CHARGES before buying anything. Many scammers tack on outrageous shipping charges. I think EBAY shoudl crack down and ban that practice and not allow anyone to charge over 10% or so over actuals for handling.

It's 3/8" 5-ply plywood. It's a Real Good victorian. It's WAY heavy. We're going to have to figure out where it's going to go, and then make sure we get a base strong enough to handle it. But it's down the road a bit. I want to finish Lady Garfield, first (I gave her a foundation today), and Brimble, then work on Ms. Washington. In between, I have to stock the greenhouse -- spring is coming, after all! And I just ordered a bunch of flower beads which will need stems..I've never made plants before, so a whole new thing to learn...And then the arbor... I have to stop playing on line and get to WORK!!! :whistle: