please send your good thoughts

newt

hi, all,

a very dear friend of mine is passing away. she is in a CCU on the west coast, on a vent, heavily sedated. she has been terribly ill and in significant pain, so we are hoping for a gentle release from life.

Joan was a guidance counselor who "adopted" me when i was in sore need of a parent. she and her family have been my touchstone and haven for over thirty years. she is one of the funniest, warmest, luminously joyful people i've ever known, with a heart as big as the skies. i will miss her very much.

she loved hearing about "the dollhouse people" and i know she would be glad of your good thoughts to ease her passing.

so sorry to hear of your friend.

I do hope she passes with minimal pain.

with such wonderful memories of her she will never truely be gone!

{{{{{{HUGZZZ}}}}}}

nutti :)

Wishing your friend a gentle, painless, and peaceful passing, and lots of hugs and other comfort to you and her other family members. Remember that we are all here for you

Oh, C.J. ... it's harder still to lose a loved one miles and miles away. My prayers for a gentle release for your friend and the soothing wrap of wonderful memories for you and her family.

Hi C.J.

I am truly sorry to hear about your very sick friend, she wil be in my thoughts and I wil send her some mini scene-thoughts in releasing some of her paine, keep the faith for a smooth passing,

hugs for you and your friend,

wilma

Since very recently I too have lost two close relatives who also were friends, my sincerest wishes for a peaceful passing of your friend and will keep you in my prayers.

thank you so much.

Joanie's husband and their eldest are there with her. their children are in their mid-40s and up, and one of them is ill. each of us had seen or talked with her recently. we knew this was coming, and had our goodbyes when she was well enough.

their youngest had said she would call me this afternoon but she has not called or written, which is worrisome. i check in with the CCU and they confirm that she's still a patient. am trying to keep busy.

her husband is doing all he can just to cope. he has asked us and told us not to call or show up, so that is what the other kids and i are doing. i think that he has said what he needs, and we have to listen. i am staying put in NC for now, and will see what he wants as time goes by. we have a telephone "tree."

thank you, everyone. it helps. i know she is grateful for your kindness, as am i.

CJ, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like she is a very wonderful person who has made a difference in a lot of lives. It must be very, very hard for you to say good bye. I'll light a candle for your friend and ask the spirits to help guide her thru a peaceful crossing.

Deb

thank you all for the support you've shown. my friend has gone. she died on sunday, and i know that your kind, good thoughts and prayers helped her.

she did not want a memorial service, and her instructions will be followed concerning her remains. so, in the absence of a ritual, people are doing what they know to do.

i've been listening and talking with Joan's family; we're talking about my going there or some of them coming here. don't know when. we're taking small steps, and can see what seems right, figure it out along the way.

please know that i send hugs back, and am very grateful for the solace each of you has offered.