Your thoughts on paneling?

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I am putting paneling into the first floor of my Orchid, keeping it cheap with craft sticks and balsa wood:

I cut out pieces of a paper doily to put in the panels and painted over the whole thing:

...but I don't like how it looks, so I found some ribbon that I got on sale, that has dried daisies in it, and cut up some old leftover Lily siding for a frame:

I am thinking of painting the frames white (after I clean up the edges, of course), and pasting over all the panels. What do you think?

I like the daisy ribbon effect. How clever of you! Maybe you could think about painting the ribbon/daisy part one of the colors in the wallpaper, keeping the surrounding frames white?

I like the panel with the dried daisy in it. I would paste over the area then add the frame with the dried daisy and maybe stain the frame to match the floor color. I like your wallpaper and floor

Thank you all for the kind comments-- this is the first chance I have had to sit down and work, here-- I really didn't like how the doily turned out, up close and personal, so I tried BlueUni's suggestion and here is how it looks:

...and I like this much better. What think you?

That's great, im glad that they inspired you to try it in your dollhouse. I used popsicle sticks and balsa wood for mine. Though now i would probally use bass wood, it does not dent as much and is nicer wood.

Have you made any desisions yet on what you are going to do.

Jenn O

That's great, im glad that they inspired you to try it in your dollhouse. I used popsicle sticks and balsa wood for mine. Though now i would probally use bass wood, it does not dent as much and is nicer wood.

Have you made any desisions yet on what you are going to do.

Jenn O

Today I finished all the main walls with the new paneling:

...and I like the way it looks-- a bit cheerier than the painted doilies, and the edges are much neater. (You can see that my floors are sagging like there's no tomorrow but I will put extra bracing and fix that...)

Though now it occurs to me that the paneling on the right might interface in an interesting way with the stairs that are supposed to run up that side, but I will deal with that later...

Unfortunately I have run out of the ribbon with the daisies (dollar store deal) so I will have to rig something to panel the partition piece...!

I am glad that the pics aren't of sufficient resolution so that one can see how much trouble I am having with my wallpaper-- I printed it out on some old drawing paper of hubby's, and that paper soaks up glue and warps like you wouldn't believe. I am debating whether to push on and finish papering the last bit of the partitions, or print out on newer paper and recover the whole interior. Hmmm. Leaning toward the latter.

The house is looking great im amazed at how much you have done. As for your wallpaper issue, i understand. Love the way it looks in the house's but hate installing it.

I use cardstock to print off any wallpaper i am using. I find it covers alot of mistakes i make and any inperfections in the wall. I also overlap the edges of one wall so you dont see any gaps. You can just lightly score the paper to do this if you are working with cardstock.

As for your stairs heres a pic you might like,

As for your ceiling i have the same problem in the beacon hill, i was going to try puttin in some decorative beams in the rooms that are warping a bit.

Jenn