Sister #1-Roombox #2

TinyJudi

My current project besides the Glencroft is another roombox for another sister. Barb, or Bobbi as everyone calls her, is the oldest of the four of us girls and I am the youngest. I didn't feel as close to her as I did my sister Karen, who received the first box. Bobbi, being the oldest, was more of an authority figure, while Karen, who is only two years older than I, was the cool sister. Not to say that Bobbi isn't cool, we just had a different type of relationship. However, she is my big sister and I love her and now on to the story. Many, many years ago, when Bobbi was in the Army, she used to take a bear traveling with her. He didn't actually talk, but if you talked around him, he would make funny noises, like he was trying to talk. She called this bear "Grandpa Bear". As it turns out, she still has the bear, and we are talking about 20-some years later. I found out from Karen that she also has a "Grandma Bear". Karen is my spy so that Bobbi doesn't catch on to anything. :( Being that so much time has passed since I have seen Grandpa Bear, I had to go on memory. Also, I have never seen Grandma Bear, so I had to pull that one out of thin air. I found two perfect pieces of fabric for the clothing and hats, but they were attached to two stuffed animals. I had to buy them to get the fabric. Ah well, more toys for the fur babies. Well, here is what I have come up with for the Bears. I found two little bears at HL and dressed them up. I made glasses for Grandpa and some earrings for Grandma. She has good eyesight. :( Let me know what you think.

They look adorabel and I just love the idea behind your roombox. I bet she will be speechless, kind of like Grandpa bear perhaps, jsut small noises :( when presented with the scene!

Looking forward to seeing the :( of this project!

Hugs

The room doesn't neccesarily have a theme. As with the first one, I am taking information about 'favorites' and putting them into a box. The room is supposed to represent peace and serenity, a place where you feel relaxed and comfortable, doing or seeing the things you love. For this room, I will be incorporating the colors purple and white, with my sisters love of the Chicago Bears, seashells and reading. We are a family of coffee drinkers so there will be the standard cup of java in there. Mainly the room will be filled with books, flowers and other little do-dads. Here is what I have so far, to give you an idea of the colors for the walls. Her window view is one of a sea shore with waves. I also have tiny little seashells to place in various spos in the room. I purchased a little tv and glued on a picture of a player from her fav. football team. . I haven't gotten the box yet, but will keep you all posted.

aaaawwwww, they are so huggable. what fine (((wee bears))). :)

the roombox plans are excellent. can't wait to see pix! and deana's acorn cup idea is just adorable.

you might find some way to work this into the roombox theme or presentation: the US Army has a program called BEAR. it is the Bonus Extension and Retraining (BEAR) Program and is a way for folks to extend terms of service. nifty.

might you consider adding to the decor with some military bearaphenalia? there are some way cool armed forces patches that have bears on them.

i just love your project, and am sure your sister will be so very pleased. it's great!!

What a lovely idea for a roombox for your sister - there's obviously a lot of love going into this project.

I adore the way you've dressed the bears (although I spent the first 5 mins of reading this thinking we were talking about a real bear - it was the 'talking' bit that threw me :) ) and I love the views through the windows & the wallpaper & the TV ... I think I like it all!

Nice one, Judi,

Jackie

Judi,

I am the oldest of 3 girls and speaking from experience, if my youngest sister did something like that for me, I would be thrilled.

You are a very special person and the idea is wonderful. The bears are precious. Keep up the good work.