Mirrored wall

caitejay

I'm going to install a mirrored wall in the foyer of my Beacon Hill (it's going to be a bar area), and I'm not sure if it's going to be one big mirror or tiles of mirrors. Does anyone know a good place to get little mirror pieces, or how to cut them? I wonder if I can buy mirrored tiles?

AC Moore has little mirrors so I'm guessing Michaels may as well. They have various shapes and sizes. I bought some round ones to use as a mirror above the sink in my small lavatory. They had squares and rectangles as well.

yes Michaels carries the square and round tiny mirrors as well :o Ive gotten several bags of them in the past, and they are very shiny :)I used quick grip glue on mine.

I'm just going to use Elmer's White glue and see what happens. I can always pry them off if they look bad. Or do you use some kind of mortar, make it like a mosaic? OMG, that's a great idea, I could do some kind of mosaic with black or grey glue / mortar - I don't even know what substance to use, but it could look so cool! I've got mirrored lamps at home that are mosaic with grey mortar, they're gorgeous!

It may be a little late to find these in the stores, but the mirror "ponds" that go with the miniature villages they sell at Christmastime work very well. The mirror is bright and shiny, but very thin (for scale) and sort of plastic, so you can score and snap pieces to size - carefully. :o

Caite, I used Elmer's to stick up the round mirrors in the Orchid bathroom. You can tint the glue with a drop (or less) of acrylic paint to get the morter color you want, or you can butt the mirror's edges so they won't require morter.

I'm going to be mirroring all the walls in the ballet studio of my Willowcrest. I'm going to use a 'mirrored sheet' I found in the HBS catalogue on page 23. It's probably not as shiny as what you're going for, Caite, but it's an option!

I got this roll of mirrored plastic from one of those junk catalogues that worked great. It is 2' by 4' & ran about $5. I just cut it with a razor knife & put it up with 2 faced tape. I have also seen mirrored acryllic sheets on Ebay in several sizes. The scrap pieces they sell were not too expensive.

how would you stick those on? I want a wall of mirror im my pool/ bar room in my garfeild.

I'll bet you could try "quick grip", you can get it at walmart in the craft section...by all the adhesives...it grabs really nicely and things hold very nicely after the glue has dried. It's a very versatile adhesive.

Oooo!!!!!!! Eagerly awaiting pictures!

I got a mirror sheet like this one from HBS that was mentioned about: Mirror. I have a few because my local craft store sells them for under $3/sheet. There is a protective film that comes off the top and it looks exactly like a mirror only very flexible and great for cutting. This product looks like it's the same I have. It's wonderful for mirrors. I can get a bunch out of one sheet that I put in frames.

I mirrored my ballet studio walls using mirrored plexiglass that I got off ebay. It is a little thick but worked well in the Coventry. blog-70-1148911344_thumb.jpg the reflection you see is of the floor, I loved the end result. I glued it on using Aileen's Tacky glue and it has held real well. The mirror is shiny and solid. but working on that angled roof made it kind of hard to get the barre straight. A funny mirror affect.

I went to Michael's after work and ended up buying mirrored tiles in two sizes. Then I found their tile section and bought a bunch of different neat tiles that I might use for floors or a ceiling or a wall or something. I'm going to experiment with grout this weekend.