Just sitting here,

TinyJudi

...and I heard a strange sound. It sounded like tape being cut. I looked around the room, but nothing was going on, just two cats playing, neither of which had any tape. So, I just go back to reading and I hear it again. What the heck is that noise? Figuring it is ds in his room getting ready for school, I again ignore it. As I browse through this site, I getting an eerie feeling, as if I am being watched. You all know that feeling, don't you. I look around again, but nothing. This is getting too weird for me. I think I need more coffee. My ears are playing tricks on me. As I turn my chair and begin to stand, the lid to the Glencroft box flies open. I stand back, in shock. What in the world? Is this new house project possessed? I slowly approach the box. Carefully, the sheets of wood begin to move, slowly exposing the instruction sheet. I gently pick it up. All is forgotten at this point. The world around me have ceased to exist. I am engrossed in the instructions for this project. I can hear soft words around me as I read through the directions. As I suspected earlier, "stones" is plainly said. There is no denying it. Somewhere in this house there will be stonework. I glance at the work desk and happen to spot some bumpy cardboard, like the egg cartons used for making stones. This cardboard however, was a gift from DH who had ordered some things and it was used in the packing. He thought of me when he saw it. Suddenly an image comes into my head. It is an image of a fireplace and the wall behind it. All done in stone. This must be what the house wants. Again, I hear the words "wrought iron". I looked at my table and to the HBS catalog lying there. Suddenly the pages began to turn, all on their own. They stop at a page that has fencing. Immediately the iron look fence catches my eye. Funny, I have been looking at this catalog for a while now and never noticed that fencing. It certainly must be a sign. My spooky, possessed Glencroft is talking to me. I will listen....I will listen....I will...you get the point. :lol: So, the adventure begins. Tonight after work, I will begin the making of the stones. It is a start. Come with me, my friends, down the long and winding road of dollhouse building. This house appears to have a mind all of it's own.

ROFL!

You scared me!

I was thinking..Mouse? Burgler? ghost?

Not dh! LOL

:lol: Indeed, and then I exhaled when continuing the reading! Isn't it a great feeling though when you can hear and visualize just how the house wants to be dressed? Oh and I am soooo looking forward to go on this building trip and see it come to life and pretty please share pics :)

Hugs

ROFL!

I was thinking mouse at first also!

My Glencroft keeps nagging at me about the inside doors.. I just have no idea how I'll ever be able to hinge them with the house built. Why oh why didn't I put them in when I glued thehouse years ago? :lol:

Wow, you had my adrenaline pumping! I never understood in the movies why the heck they just didn't get out of the house!! :lol:

Anyway, glad to know it was only your dollhouse! Now that you've started, hope those 'voices' dissipate . . . for awhile anyway! :)

oooooo?

Oh, oooooo!!

I think it's Casper!

like the others, i was wondering, is it a mouse? snake? scorpion? a tarantula?!? eeeeee!

for goodness' sake, hug that box and pet the wood. placate those gentle spirits.

and THANK YOU for the great chills and thrills. ROFL!!!

I just have no idea how I'll ever be able to hinge them with the house built.
You can make hinges from narrow strips of chamois or healvy fabric/ narrow twill tape, cut a strip slightly shorter than the length of the edge of your door and fold it in half lengthwise. Glue half of the strip to the edge of the door (I'd put a strip of waxed paper over it & a piece of scrapwood over that and clamp it into two or three barclamps) and let it dry. Then remove the scrapwood and glue the other half of the trip to the edge of the doorframe. When the glue is dry you can remove the waxed paper and you ought to have a working hinged interior door.

Now that you've started, hope those 'voices' dissipate

Oh, no, don't shut them up, have conversations! Your Glencroft will turn out so magnificent if you just listen to it tell you all it wants.