Has anyone built this?

jennybee

I went to our local doll shop the other day and they had quite a few of these dollhouses.

post-837-1168000613_thumb.jpgpost-837-1168000629.jpg This kit is called the Linda

She has 3 different types and each one was soo cute.

My question is has anyone ever built any of these? Since I have started building miniatures I have found an almost zen like feeling when making them (unless I break a piece). :lol: The sanding, gluing, painting its all for me! This looks like a great house to have but is the building part of it like other kits and in a billion pieces or is it mostly prefab?

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like MDF to me. I haven't done an MDF kit before so I'm not really familiar with them, but I suspect they come in pieces and you put it together like a puzzle . . . I guess prefab is the right term.

Whatever the case, it looks like a very cute house! Are you going to buy it?

OK so I was bad. I was having a really crappy day and went on the web and I bought one.

The Marbellla

The local shop had it for a bit more and its on backorder so i thought between the discount and free shipping (the box weights like 40 lbs) I thought why not I'll spoil myself.

This one even has a upstairs balcony/porch. I'm thinking a little zen garden or something. DH says put a pooltable out there so he has a guys room in one of my houses. Lool

Looks great, MDF is JUST like working with wood, use the same glues, sanding techniques etc. They're generally precut (I don't think you could diecut MDF). And it's tasty. Good stuff to work with, it's resin with wood fibres (that's the right spelling BTW, you spell it wrong in the US) in it. If you want to scratchbuild or bash it's less friendly than ply, but I think you'll enjoy working with it. Oh, and thanks for the link, they look like great houses, free shipping hmm....... :o

It is made by Artisana Latina. They have a website too. They offer beautiful miniatures to fill your houses with too.

I googled for the site, but couldn't find it. Do you happen to have the address, please?

It looks like a nice house. I'm sure our UK Hobby's catalogue carried one like that last year, but I could be wrong.

MDF is a breeze to work with; it cuts easily enough, if you want to alter things around & is cheap to buy if you want to add on any extensions.

Jackie

Its an odd site but they have pictures of other houses they make including one prewired!! Now I find out - heck I could have saved up for that one. Lool

other pics

Here is their website

Cool stuff on their website but no prices it just says to email them about it.

Ack.... it must get here nowwwwww hehe

Since I had really become active in minis I wanted at least one front opening so yeah!!!

I'll let you all know how it goes and if I throw my back out carrying all that MDF lool

*also as a side thing I guess because I spent a certain amount they gave me a $10 internet coupon on next purchase. It even works on discounted stuff so I'm thinking some furniture or accessories or something from them and still free shipping... :o

Jenn, that is the next house I want to get!

So you HAVE to start building it the minute it comes thru the door so we can all see how great it looks in person!

That way if you love the build, I will dig into my piggy bank and buy one myself!

Jenn, that is the next house I want to get!

So you HAVE to start building it the minute it comes thru the door so we can all see how great it looks in person!

That way if you love the build, I will dig into my piggy bank and buy one myself!

I was looking at the photos and it looks to be pretty straight forward. Only thing i did notice is there are precut grooves in the floors for where the walls should go. But I'll let you all know as soon as it gets here. Ya just have to open it when it comes don't you I mean is has to see the new house its going to live in right? :o

Also I just got an email from them confirming my order and that it will be here Tuesday!! :o

They also emailed me about a referal thing where if I refer someone to their site they can get $10 off their purchase. It says I can send it to multiple people and that they won't use your email for other things so if your interested let me know and I'll put your email on it.

Coincidentally, I was shopping that same house for my next house (I've barely started my first, and I'm already shopping my second!) - for my daughter, something more durable than the Beacon Hill.

I also looked at Strawberry Patch , the Victoria, and the Linda.

Besides, my Beacon Hill won't have many traditional rooms - I'm nixing the kitchens, bedrooms, and bathrooms, and instead am planning on a hunting room and wine cellar, among other things!

Its here Its here... :):D

OMG the box is huge its wider then the front door....

Ok I gotta go open this up.

Edit...

Ok its open and soo many pieces.

Now my first question for anyone who has build a MDF kit is what do you prime/seal the walls with?

I have a bottle of "all-purpose sealer for wood and porous surfaces for painting" that i use on my other houses will that be ok on MDF?