Bungalow pictures

grazhina

Enough with goofing around with dumb stuff like housework, cooking, holiday preparation and kitchen remodeling. Christmas time is done, remodeling is done......cooking and housework...well...okay, so they're never done., but I decided to go back and finish the bungalow. I was so embarrased that my bungalow pictures just sat there in the online album, never having any new additions that I yanked them.

Well, life begins anew. I had 3 rooms that were ready for some furnishings, so I scrounged through my furniture stash and took some pix. They are on my Flickr photo page.

Bungalow pictures

I only have 4 pictures of it right now. The last 3 days I've been fooling with the design of a bath tub, and trying to come up with a bathroom sink. I bought a nice bathroom set a long time ago, then suddenly decided what the bathroom really needed was a big sunken style of tub. That's why I need a new sink. If I use the sink and toilet from the cute bathroom set I'm stuck with a lonely, lovely decorated bathtub and nothing to go with it. I figure I better keep the bathroom as a set for some other project.

I got a vision of the bathroom just before I had to quit for the day. I'm seeing a mural on the bathroom walls, all done in shades of blue, sort of in the vein of Blue Willow china. That's why I took the plunge and painted the tile on the bathtub platform a rich blue. But you can't see it til it starts to look decent. :unsure:

By golly, Gerazhina, it's starting to look like you love it! The diningroom is really popping right along. I love the rugs & the rockingchair in the livingroom. Your diningroom mural is great, I think you have a special gift for painting trees!

Ghrazina,

Your pictures are amazing! Is this a scratch built house or a kit? I love the cottage style you are using to decorate. It has a very breezy, carefree mood. You mini people will feel like they are on vacation in their own home!

I am building a bungalow, too! I have designed dining room paneling that is almost identical to yours, except that I am staining mine rather than painting. I am not nearly as far along as you are. I am done with the tile and wood floors on the mian floor, but I don't even have my second floor or roof in place! Because the only dining room access is through the window (back opening house, kitchen is in front of the dining room), I thought it would be easier to do floor and walls before the second floor is added. Funny thing is, I am putting the most effort into the room that will be hardest to see! At least any mistakes I make in paneling will also be hard to see.

Your bunglaow has really lit a fire in me. I hope I can keep the flame alive and get some work done on my own project.

Your bungalow sister,

Jeri

It is amazing!! I love the painting on the walls and the fine details you have put into it. The furniture is great but I really love your handiwork in the house. You truly inspire me!!

Thank you, everybody.

Jen, have you considered cutting an opening in the side of your house where the dining room is? You could have a wall that pops in and out, or maybe a big picture window that you could view the dining room through and maybe pop out to arrange the furniture.

Jen, have you considered cutting an opening in the side of your house where the dining room is? You could have a wall that pops in and out, or maybe a big picture window that you could view the dining room through and maybe pop out to arrange the furniture.

Oh yes, the dining room does have a picture window, so I have that much going for me. The walss are 3/8" plywood, and I have already sided then, making them 1/2" thick. Since I don't have a power saw, I don't want to try cutting through that stuff! I am building the Fantasy Craft Craftsman Bungalow kit. Fantasy Craft kits are hard to find right now, I am lucky to have one! I can't find a pic of the open back online, but here is a link to the front (manufacturer's pic, not mine)

http://www.ourhousehawaii.com/facrbuki.html

Is your bungalow a custom design or from a plan? If it is a kit, I sure don't recognize it.

Jeri

the entire project is fabulous, wow!!!

the way you've designed the exterior is wonderful, and the interior and furnishings are awe inspiring.

it's beautiful work!