I Turned cookie cooling racks and beads into a fence

Brenb

I was looking for a way to make a sturdy rod iron looking fence for around my Christmas Orchid. And I come up with this, posted is before and after picks! lol Forgot to ad square dowels and black spray paint, lol.

post-975-1162302740_thumb.jpg

post-975-1162302788_thumb.jpg

Wow Brenda, you have a very creative clever mind there! I'm with Charlene, there has got to be a better use for all those kitchen items I never use.

I have a question though, did you cut them and with what? Just regular wire cutters?

I used wire snips, they get closer to the edge I needed. And the beads fit perfectly on top. The square dowels I picked up at HL I have plenty left over, I always buy too much, lol. I just snipped, bent the fence how I wanted it, cut and glued the dowels, spray painted it all. I still might spray it with hammered spray, not sure yet, I like the results of hammered spray paint. It's very sturdy and only took a few hours for drying time. I will attach the gate once I have it in place, but first I have to work on some snow first. lol

I'm glad you all liked it.

I started with a glue gun just to hold it in place then I used a epoxy cement for the fence, I don't recall the name of it, I borrowed it from my dh's work van, lol. As for the Hammered spray paint, Rust-oleum makes it, I have it in 5 colors, lol. I'm addicted to it, makes things look like they've been beaten a little and vary's in color in like swirls, kind of hard to explain really, it's around $6 a can works on metal, wood and plastic. I like the effect it makes, I had found some old brass a while back at a garage sale, and since I'm not a fan of brass, I brought it home and grabbled my hammered spray and made them beautiful. I have a charcoal grey one that I might use on the fence.