Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

I saw this house first on Google when I was searching for Victorian houses. I saved it because I was hoping I would find out the maker is. What I'm wondering is if the same person made both houses.

dh17a.jpg.97266f10189a7b6e13be1a3cb27537

Valerie, do you have physical access to the house in your post? Because I was going to ask if it was signed or anything on the bottom.

• Like 1

Valerie, I've seen that same house on Pinterest and also tried to track it down. I was curious about it because it's similar to my Queen Anne Rowhouse. I tracked down the owner's blog and iirc she said it's a scratch build that she bought from the builder. Sorry I don't have a link.

Kelly - that's super cute! I haven't seen that one before. Do you know what scale it is?

Emily, I don't have a clue. It might have been on eBay. But so often now I'll see a picture when I do an image search on Google and then the picture leads back to Pinterest and that picture goes back to another Pinterest person and it's getting harder and harder to find out where the pic originally came from. Once in a while I'll find a blog or something, but not often anymore.

Valerie, I should have seen that was an eBay item. It's already gone, too. It says the auction is ended.

After I posted here last night I tried to find the pink house on Pinterest again and couldn't. It's funny since it's frequently turned up for me in the past, but none of my usual search terms seemed right. Made me wonder if the seller had the pictures taken down in anticipation of selling it.

21 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

I saw this house first on Google when I was searching for Victorian houses. I saved it because I was hoping I would find out the maker is. What I'm wondering is if the same person made both houses.

dh17a.jpg.97266f10189a7b6e13be1a3cb27537

Valerie, do you have physical access to the house in your post? Because I was going to ask if it was signed or anything on the bottom.

I love the dormer on this house!

This one is truly rare, this is the first time that I have seen one in all my years combing the web looking at dollhouses. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262629476256?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This one I don't know either, and it is cute...http://www.ebay.com/itm/112139665412?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That Today's Tot house looks a lot like the mdf Melissa and Doug Victorian with different lithos.

I like this house:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Antique-VTG-Wood-Doll-House-Hand-Crafted-Made-2-Storey-Some-Furniture-Lot/122138330868

I think the entry hall plus three rooms is just perfection. I love it when a house has a proper hall instead of the "right into the livingroom" or diningroom thing. I love this house. Wish it was closer to me!

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

This one is truly rare, this is the first time that I have seen one in all my years combing the web looking at dollhouses. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262629476256?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was just coming on to post the link for this one! lol I was so excited to see it -- b/c it's the same one that I have listed under Technicolor Dollhouse in the gallery. Funny point, I got mine free and it took me until early this year to place it and learn from a friend just exactly what model it was.  :)

Wao! it really looks like the Melissa & Doug house!

I am tempted with the Alison, since I already have most of the components available, but I don't want to pay that much now because I am after any Brownstone-Rowhouse-Painted Lady or any of these style that looks close to this house that I fell in love with:

212d5cbfe9c532be3983d91bc7605355.jpg

• Like 1

The seller finally responded to my inquiry about the pink house.  She is selling off her 30 year collection and says she use to remember every little detail of all her minis so she never kept notes on anything.  Now her memory is not so good and she cannot remember who she purchased the house from or any other info about it. Maybe a note to all of us write things down you never know when the memory may slow or even cease working,

I first saw the house on ebay about 11:00 PM Saturday night and immediately fell in love with it.  I knew what furniture and light fixtures I already had in my stash which would be perfect.  I am not usually interested in purchasing houses that are already built and especially those that are already decorated but there was just something about it.  I was so close to hitting the buy it now button but then thought I should sleep on it something I never say.  There were 14 watchers at the time and I thought with that many watchers and no buyer yet I should have some time.  Well by the time I got  on the laptop Sunday morning it had been sold and I spent the rest of the day obsessing about it.  Going through old catalogs, books, magazines, researching every line of dollhouse manufacturer I could think of - really thought it had to be a House That Jack Built as it is similar to the style they did.  The more I looked the more I figured it had to be a scratch build - thank you Emily for confirming that.  Yes, she may have taken down her blog/pics since she is selling everything off. She said she has many more houses to sell none of which she built only decorated. So I have once again been reminded DO NOT HESITATE as there is always someone right behind you to sweep in because you hesitated.

Kelly, that is a beautiful house you found.  Would love to see more.

• Like 1

Carmen, this is a similar style to the house you posted: https://www.etsy.com/listing/251617267/queen-anne-victorian-dollhouse-dolls

(One of a kind, though, not from a kit.)

Besides that, the closest is probably the Queen Anne Rowhouse (the house in my avatar). I've seen one with a garage added to the bottom. I can't find a pic right now but it's on display at the Miniature Museum of St. Louis, it's purple. The rowhouse is a discontinued American Craft kit but occasionally built ones turn up on eBay and Craigslist (there was actually one on eBay recently but it was local pickup in Los Angeles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/furnished-victorian-dollhouse-Mattel-littles-/162196108101?hash=item25c3a43345:g:Wi0AAOSwawpXvgaB ).

Oh, Valerie, I'm so sorry! A couple of weeks ago I saw a Backyard Bliss kit on eBay with a $95 Buy It Now. I like this house and have only seen it one other time (it was actually the one Blonide ended up with last year, pictured in that gallery!) I was about to leave for the day and thought if I waited it might be gone by the time I got home, but that's okay, I didn't *need* it... and then I turned around and hit the buy button. I know if I'd missed out I would have been kicking myself. (That said, $499 is a pretty big impulse buy, I understand why you wanted to sleep on it...)

Am I remembering correctly that you have a Queen Anne Rowhouse kit? (I think we both bought one from the same seller at the same time?) Could you bash it to look like this one? When I first saw this one I thought it was a bashed House of Hidden Treasures and the House of Hidden Treasures is basically a one story Rowhouse.

(About the seller saying she doesn't remember as well as she used to -- one reason I document almost every mini thing I do on my blog is so I can look back later and remind myself of what I did!)

5 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Wao! it really looks like the Melissa & Doug house!

I am tempted with the Alison, since I already have most of the components available, but I don't want to pay that much now because I am after any Brownstone-Rowhouse-Painted Lady or any of these style that looks close to this house that I fell in love with:

212d5cbfe9c532be3983d91bc7605355.jpg

Majestic Mansions have kits that could look a little like this. Check them out. I love their Dunwoody. 

FYI, I am wanting to make a 1:24 San Franciscan painted lady kit to sell at some point in the future, but not in the next 12 months.

That seller has a great collection - I looked at all her ebay items. Some of them are very special. She has a lot of ooak dolls at fair prices, but then has a DHE cheapie doll (I got it for $8) for $40. I wonder if an algorithm was used for all the items instead of individually assessed. Some of her male dollhouse dolls are lovely and fairly priced. And the house listed here that started the thread is just gorgeous. She seems to be selling off the cottages - but also has a lot of victorian items, so I wonder what her victorian houses are like. It is fun to see someone else's collection!

I saw a few pieces of Town Square Miniatures furniture priced much too high. (Buyer beware!) But it is a very nice collection!

ps - I'm going to merge this conversation into the eBay thread.

17 hours ago, minilover62 said:

I have this. I bought it in the early nineties from HBS miniatures. I agonized over which kit to build and I fell in love with this one. It's mostly finished but not quite. I probably would change the decor a little now, but I do love it. It's weird how it ended up discontinued. I think it is a great house. It's fun to see it on ebay. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fov said:

Am I remembering correctly that you have a Queen Anne Rowhouse kit? (I think we both bought one from the same seller at the same time?) Could you bash it to look like this one? When I first saw this one I thought it was a bashed House of Hidden Treasures and the House of Hidden Treasures is basically a one story Rowhouse.

Yes, Emily you remember correctly.  I still can't believe she had two of those rare kits.   That certainly is a possibility.

I know the purple house you are referring to.  I had saved a copy of the pic but when my laptop crashed a few months bacs I lost some photos I had not yet backed up.  The Museum does not seem to have it on their site anymore but on Sunday when I was doing all that searching I did see it but now I can't find it again - so frustrating.

Thanks for finding that! It's the one I was thinking of. I'm going to save the picture for future reference. If I ever get around to building that second Queen Anne Rowhouse I would love to add a garage underneath. I love the height it adds to the house. I also like how the porches have been modified in this one to go all the way to the bay windows.

You can also see the purple house on the virtual tour of the museum. If you mess around with the camera angles you'll get a glimpse of the side and back.

I was doing the virtual tour thing checking out the purple house (or The Lavender Lady as it is called) and I then recalled seeing the house on their FB page.  There are a few photos and someone really likes purple even the bathroom is purple.

https://www.facebook.com/597384670353703/photos/a.599177840174386.1073741828.597384670353703/908106605948173/?type=3&theater