Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

Spring Cleaning time!!

I fell behind in deleting the old posts in the old topic. After deleting 10 pages (one post click at a time) I decided it would be easier to just start a New Topic for these links.

We have this section because after 3 months, most of those links no longer work because eBay takes them down. Because of that, we thought it would be good to post "eBay eye candy" links here so that every 3 months we can delete the broken links.

Please do not confuse this section with the Community Trading Post. We are not posting our own links to our own auctions in this section. From this point forward, any new topics started for "eBay & Craigs list links" will be removed. Any topics with ebay & craigs list links will be moved to this section. Please post them here to keep the forum clean and tidy.

Thanks everyone :wave:

• Like 9

• 1 year later...

My Emporium showed up in the mail yesterday (super fast shipping!) and in the box was an Oakridge Hobbies catalogue -- a 1/2" Scale Buyer's Guide. I'm in heaven. Not sure of the date but it has a reference to "as of Jan 1 1989 we no longer accept COD" so it's either 1989 or early 1990s.

There are a bunch of vintage half scale dollhouses in there that I've never seen before, and a ton of furniture -- Bauder Pine, Concord, even some handmade artisan stuff. It's going to be a big help to identify half scale stuff that pops up on eBay. There's one San Francisco style house in there named the Van Ness that I think I saw on eBay in March, but the auction link doesn't work anymore so I can't check. :(

I'll try to scan some pages. The quality is not good -- it's like a black & white Xerox on newsprint to begin with, so I don't know how well it'll scan.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There is absolutely no way I would pay $1000 for that, especially not looking at some of the finishes etc like lights. Those are cheap enough to get, there's not a grand in that house unless someone really had no clue what they were doing and got taken...

Looks like Kelli beat me to it!

I've seen Artply Bobbis going for over $200 and a Greenleaf being advertized as an antique from the 40s once. Some people either really don't know or believe what they were told by someone else who really didn't know. The ones that drive me crazy are the ones who got their dollhouse "appraised" for thousands of dollars, when it's worth maybe $50. Appraised by whom, I always want to ask.

• Like 1

How hard would it be to invest in some mini molding and at least frame the interior doorways?  And some of the electric doesn't work?  No way that's worth $1k.

It could work in a 1:12 kitchen. The sizes would probably fit with Hallmark's small fridge and stove. In some of these smaller Greenleaf and Corona kits, most of the windows and staircases aren't realistically sized anyway. As long as you are careful about what you pair with these items, it shouldn't look too out of scale. A hutch 5 ft tall isn't unusual and if I owned the kitchen set, I'd probably break it in half and move the cupboards further up on the walls anyway.

The chairs and table would probably go better in a child's room, though.

This is the size that would go great in the trailer kit!

I saw this a few days ago and then forgot about it -- 1/2" scale Joseph Angel house: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Captain-Joseph-Angel-Victorain-Dollhouse-1-2-Scale-OOAK-/371691775269

I have only seen this house in half scale one other time (also on eBay). This isn't the same one. I'd love to own this house but not for that price! (And I have to be honest, I don't really like how this one is finished.)

5 hours ago, fov said:

I saw this a few days ago and then forgot about it -- 1/2" scale Joseph Angel house: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Captain-Joseph-Angel-Victorain-Dollhouse-1-2-Scale-OOAK-/371691775269

I have only seen this house in half scale one other time (also on eBay). This isn't the same one. I'd love to own this house but not for that price! (And I have to be honest, I don't really like how this one is finished.)

Wow, that's a lot of purple!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Wow, that's a lot of purple!

The interior and exterior look as if each was done by a different individual. The interior is rather nice, I think.

39 minutes ago, KathieB said:

The interior and exterior look as if each was done by a different individual. The interior is rather nice, I think.

I agree; the interior most definitely doesn't go with the exterior.

1 hour ago, minilover62 said:

Good luck selling it for $1300. Not that it isn't worth it, but finding people willing to pay it is extremely hard this days.

All that's needed is one fat wallet. Right time, right place and all that. Could happen. That said, maybe eBay isn't the right place.  :) 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎18‎:‎35‎, Trinh said:

I think this is the same one I just picked up!!! I had no idea if it was worth $20 or not, but I jumped on it.  

Tabby, the French door ALONE is worth the $20!!  :eek: 

You got a 'gift' for sure!  Hofco houses were made with cabinet-quality wood and were the top of the line back in the day...actually, I guess they still are!  LOL  Hofco house are well sought-after by us miniaturists!

Enjoy your new house!  :)

• Like 1