Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

Love this 1:24 witches house.. it's so completely whimsical and fun. Very well executed as well. Great inspiration!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miniature-Witchs-House-or-Spadena-House-1-2-inch-scale-dollhouse-/182604014675?hash=item2a840c2453:g:j1UAAOSwCQZZMfjC

What a hoot! Love the shingles!!

27 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

That roof pitch looks like fun.  That last photo looks like a 1:1 "inspiration" version.  I wonder where it is?

Holly, you are right, they say this on the description: "This miniature is based on a real house known as "The Witch's House" or the "Spadena House."  It is located on the corner of Walden and Carmalita in Beverly Hills.  There is a picture included of the real house."

2 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

The Burt Reynolds doll is the best!

This Monster has been listed for a while. Was $800. Tell me why there are no interior pictures? :crash: I just don't get it. How do you sell something like this for a large amount of money without pictures? I am not interested in buying it, but who made it?

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/art/6101228339.html

Wow...that huge room on the second floor appears to be all open to the 1st floor. Based from looking into the windows to see what is in there. Hmmmm. I dunno. It is so huge. I wonder what inspired it. $350 for the gazebo...come on.

• Like 1

All the windows and the trims look like plastic to me.  

Also those bay windows on the second story just seem to be stuck on the house, like they don't really have a window opening.  Notice the window to their right, you can see light in the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Wow...that huge room on the second floor appears to be all open to the 1st floor. Based from looking into the windows to see what is in there. Hmmmm. I dunno. It is so huge. I wonder what inspired it. $350 for the gazebo...come on.

Maybe if you tell them you really love Dalmatians, they will knock off $25.???:bigwink:

6 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I learned a new trick (I'm slow) but if I search Craig's List with Dollhouse or Doll House (two words).....I get different results.

I also tack a 's' on the end of both of those for different results, and also search for 'miniature' and 'miniatures'. (One of those searches on the Facebook Marketplace is how I recently ended up with a $40 DC Alexandria that is currently de-stinkifying itself in my garage.)

I know, it's a sickness, but I have no intention of ever being cured. :D

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

I learned a new trick (I'm slow) but if I search Craig's List with Dollhouse or Doll House (two words).....I get different results.

I also do "Doll's House" for the possible old fashioned sellers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

But $28k??? There is no way that is worth that much, in any strange parallel universe.

10 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

5 minutes ago, shannonc60 said:

But $28k??? There is no way that is worth that much, in any strange parallel universe.

True, there's only a basic finish on the outside, and the furnishings aren't anything special. And where in the world is there a whorehouse with one bed? :D 

• Like 2