Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I love the little bitty dormer tucked into the inside slope of the roof. The overall look, not so much.

I agree - part of me likes the crammed&crazy victorian look, but I found the interior lacking in the same spirit. And the outside just gets so crazy...it's almost like the Weasley's made that house.

1 hour ago, rodentraiser said:

Is it my imagination or is the third floor warping?

I think that floor curves outward...maybe. It is crazy.  I'd buy it for $50, though. I like it, but it is a lot of responsibility with all those crazy rooms and ill fitted dormers. And yet I like it.

"Dear seller, I'd like to offer you $550 dollars less than you are asking, and that includes free shipping."

Feels like a Winchester house! I love a good Winchester house.

From a distance, I thought the roof looked ok - but close-up, I realize that one addition wing is not in front of the main roofline, but behind it...while the main roof is then abruptly cut off. But, points for trying to be creative and make that kit larger. It is just too small a kit as is...that is what leads people to these measures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mid-life madness said:

The outside of the SF is what sold me on buying one. For such a grand house, you would think it would have a formal dining room.

I know! I bought a finished one (at a great price as usual on craigslist) because I was in love with the outside. But the narrow long room with the staircase...URGH! Frustrating for me! I know I am a broken record on this, but that exterior deserves so much more. It almost needs an additional kit that makes the rest of the house that you'd then hinge onto the back or something.

I also think it needs a proper entryway.

So I totally get why someone bashed it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I am unfamiliar with this kit --is it new? That mushroom cap roof looks so smooth.

I remembered seeing this house in a dollhouse forum I belong too.  You can buy this house kit at:

http://www.laserdollhouses.com/online-store.php#!/1-12-Scale-Dollhouses/c/8577030/offset=0&sort=priceDesc

This house was built by Leonard Fricke the owner of Laser Dollhouse Designs.

Here is a close up of the turrets

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Aren't they members here?

I am not sure, but I saw the house posted on this Facebook forum, World of Dollhouses and Miniatures.  They have some nice kits on their website and if @Qubanqtee is looking for some curved stairs, they have some on there that are pretty.  They also have a Facebook page, and he posts pictures as he builds the houses that are on the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samusa said:

I sent my Melissa and Doug (purchased new for $50) to GoodWill. I hated the particle board and the glossy graphics. But I have seen lovely rehabs of it.