1:144 houses by Lynette (nuttiwebgal) and Tracy (minis on the edge)

Deb

I finally found my lightbox today and was able to do something I've been wanting to do since last autumn.........take pictures of the gorgeous micro dollhouses made for me by Lynette and Tracy.

Lynette's gorgeous little cottage has amazing details like the topiaries on either side of the front door, the window boxes filled with flowers, the wallpaper and curtains inside and the shingles that just boggle my mind. I have no idea how to shingle a micro mini but she did it and WOW! My witch adopted this little darling immediately and it lives in my Pierce where she and Jadis can enjoy it.

gallery_329_7167_258932.jpg

Tracy made a little haunted house for my dead librarian who had been wishing for a dollhouse of her own. She even added a teeny graveyard to the landscaping which is perfect! The dead librarian is SO happy, especially since Tracy custom made a little bookcase where she can display it in her living room.

gallery_329_7167_90292.jpg

I tucked more pictures of both these darlings into an album here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=7167

<giving huge hugs to both Lynette and Tracy> I love having dollhouses for my dollhouses and my dolls love having their own dh to play with. I had to share the eye candy with everyone because they're both so amazing.

• Like 5

I can't imagine working in this scale either which is why I had to share these pics because I think it's something of a miracle to get that kind of detailing on them. We used to have a member who worked exclusively in 1:144 (microjivvy) and I eagerly anticipated all of her new creations. She loved it and said that she could build an entire house on a paper plate as long as she didn't sneeze. LOL! She also had a pirate cat who ran off with bits and pieces. <chuckling> She was a lot of fun and her work was amazing.

The details are amazing. I can't even imagine working in that scale.

That has become my favorite scale. I have built 14 of them so far, with more on the drawing board. My Federal Manor will be full of the micro houses, since the Lady of the Manor is a wealthy miniaturist. :)

My Federal Manor will be full of the micro houses, since the Lady of the Manor is a wealthy miniaturist. :)

Hooray for the Lady! It's not often one finds the words "wealthy" and "miniaturist" in the same sentence. :D

• Like 2

We create the world we want in miniature, not the world we have, right? She is a widow with a BIG house (and a maid, of course, to do the yukky work), plenty of money, doting children and grandchildren who visit once in awhile and admire all her work. Might as well make it a great fantasy. :banana:

• Like 3