Dollhouse must haves

Marlene

When I seen my first ever dollhouse, I fell in love with the toothbrushes. Strange but true.

Now every dollhouse, room etc I do must have a toothbrush somewhere might be under the sink to clean, under the childs bed hiding but somewhere there has to be one.

Have any of you "a must have" ? I'm most curious to see the responses.

i only have one house (at the moment!) but i think my "thing" is going to be little red heeled shoes. i couldn't possibly explain why, but after seeing one pair in a miniature shop i fell head over heels for the tiny things!

:cloud9: Hmmmmmmm. I suppose I have to have pets. Either a traditional cat/dog/bird/etc. or at least a mouse hiding under one of the chairs. I actually drilled a mouse hole into a baseboard in my Arthur for my tiny mouse to hide in so my little cats couldn't eat him. :)

Must haves... hmm a tough one but I think a pet along with some plants are definite musts. And then there are those little touches as matching fabrics etc etc... But pets and plants are definitley needed in my settings

Hugs

This is bringing out a lot of ideas too. Just think of all those little red shoes having to have a walk-in closet...hmmm .... baskets of toothbrushes? :woot:

Then we go to the pet shop idea.

I'm off to Salem MA tomorrow but first spending the afternoon at Earth and Tree looking for alllll those little goody things I can get my hands on.

Yes, hubby will bring book and "relax" in car...maybe even fall asleep....awwww.

I'm still working on my first house(s), but I am in love with scenes of mini sewing projects in progress. I've planned sewing rooms for all of the houses waiting to be built. And tea - my mini families must have tea waiting to be poured!

I'm with Holly . . . my houses must have people inhabiting them. Seems I can't build or decorate a house unless I know who I'm doing it for!

And I already know who's going to live in the Willowcrest! Na, na, na, na, boo, boo!!

well both of my 2 houses are still in progress. but my MUST have is mini board games! I have bought all the board games you can get! michaels scarp book sections have those mini items, and one of them is board games! minopoly, life, scrabble. i have them all! i just love the look of dinning table with a mini minopoly game on the table, with its cute little money and houses.. aww i love it!!

I always like to put crystal doorknobs on all the doors, inside and out, in any dollhouse I build. I think it just adds a little sparkle! But I like all your ideas, too! I saw some adorable animals in galleries and I saw the cutest little African American miniature baby girl, sitting down...on ebay. I am real tempted to buy her.

Now that I'm thinking about it, my first purchase for a dollhouse I was building was a 1/2" scale cherrywood china hutch and a tiny, 1/2" scale jointed infant baby. I don't have the baby anymore but I still have the little hutch, a little worse for the wear!

Teapots........I collect teapots myself so I don't see why my wee folk shouldn't have them too. What is a house without a good cup of tea anyway?

And cats and other pets are a must too.

I like to make cushions to match the wallpaper and curtains. Sometimes I look at the little houses and realise that the dollhouse folk have a nicer home than I do!! :thumb:

So far I have to have a big bottle of glue!!!

Because I need to finish my doll house before I can get some "must haves" :thumb:

PS. Marlene I just check out your webshots and I love your Orchid!!!

Copper. I *love* copper. In every house I've built for myself, there's a piece of copper somewhere in it. (you should see my real kitchen.........it's got more copper than a smelter hanging on the walls, up on top of the cupboards, displayed on shelves, on top of the fridge, etc) All my little houses have to have copper in them and I adore the way it sparkles in a mini house.

I also have books in every house. There are around 200 books in the librarian's house alone.

Deb

Wow it's been fun reading everyone's must haves :wave: I can't really think of a must have that I have.. I guess if I went way out on a limb it would be that I have to bash. I can't seem to make a house the way it's intended to be made.. I have to change it somehow. I even thought about standing one house up on it's side and making it into an apartment complex but that was going a wee bit far even for me LOL . For the things to put in a house though.. if it has 2 stories I think it has to have stairs.. and I'm big on fireplaces but there was no place for one in my chappel.. so for now I guess I don't really have a "must have" :D

-David