My first dollhouse - Orchid

anthrogirl

Got my first dollhouse kit 1-1/2 weeks ago and I'm already quite addicted to this new hobby :) (got my 2nd dollhouse ordered and ended up with 2 of the Michael's puzzle kits also)

I've loved Miniatures for years but never had a dollhouse kit until now, so far I'm really loving putting together my Orchild (except for having to piece the de-laminated trim back together!) and it's turning out just how I wanted it to.

I'll be starting on the interior soon and I'm a little bit nerious about the wallpaper, but can't wait to do the flooring (if all goes well it's going to be a chevron style floor made out of popcicle sticks)

the house's occupants will be a pair of Fairyland Pukipuki's (you can see 1 of them in my gallery pictures)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6704

Yes, it most certainly sounds like you are addicted, which is good because I can certainly relate. I am always fascinated by how some people can look at a dollhouse or minature project, say it is nice, and then walk away without giving it a second thought, while some people like me, will stare at the same thing for hours and keep the image in my head all day.

That is why I love this site so much because it reinforces the fact that I am normal (or at least not totally insane). You all give me hope.

• Like 2

Welcome anthrogirl! I immediately recognized your name from Den Of Angels. Nice to see another BJD collector crossing over into the dollhouse world. :) Your Orchid looks great! You are doing an awesome job. I'm building my first dollhouse kit too, a House that Jack Built Rose Marie, but I want my next kit to be an Orchid. I love the gingerbread trim! Your PukiPuki's are going to love their new home!

Hugs,

Lisa

It is really looking good ! :) I am almost ready to start Orchid #2 and plan on getting another one, they are such cute houses with so many possibilities . Orchid #2 will be a Swedish cottage and #3 will be a Christmas cottage. Love your idea for the floor , happy building !!!

• Like 1

It is really looking good ! :) I am almost ready to start Orchid #2 and plan on getting another one, they are such cute houses with so many possibilities . Orchid #2 will be a Swedish cottage and #3 will be a Christmas cottage. Love your idea for the floor , happy building !!!

Yeah, the Swedish cottage is on its way. :cheer:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...