Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

And you think I'm in pain? How do you think those suggestions will feel after you shoot them?

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. The Jeff & Morgan Comedy Hour will be here all week!

We're bad... LOL :lol:

• Like 3

On my way to the fabric store today to look for some __________ for my Fling. It has started talking to me again :banana: I am soooo far behind all of you guys...may need some extra cheers. I also offered to help my girlfriend's daughter with her house(Beachside Bungalow) maybe that's what got her talking :bigwink:

Do I dare tell everyone that mine is almost finished? The house told me what it wanted to be before I ever purchased it and since its arrival, it's practically put itself together.

• Like 2

Gayle don't be afraid everyone's got their own pace. My idea was just as loud as yours but my hatred of cutting and painting detail trim put me behind a couple weeks because I just kept putting it off.

I'm waiting on an order from Germany. I've got an accessory arriving today from California too. My fridge is empty and I'm living off pb&j but my fling is coming together nicely... lol

Tonight I'm going to paper and install my ____________ for the _________. After that I can start working on the ___________. Then I can start working on the __________!

• Like 2

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. The Jeff & Morgan Comedy Hour will be here all week!

We're bad... LOL :lol:

They only hired us for a week? Guess we need to get funnier :) Perhaps after you shoot the poor helpless suggestions you'll have more material. I'm working with our writers and will let you know what they come up with.

My fling is barely crawling along. I need my order from Greenleaf (now that's REALLY giving it away, isn't it!) While waiting, I have changed my idea yet again to accommodate something favorite of mine :) It will be all over the _____ and ____.

Hip, Hip, Hooray !!!!

I just got six boxes of supplies from all over the place.

Okay, so 2 of them were really just in envelopes but anyhoo they count as supplies in my book.

Okay again, so a bunch of them are really Twinkles supplies but that still counts as a Hip, Hip, Hooray, right?

The ones I need to have before I make my major cuts have NOT come of course so I'm still sitting at a standstill with that part. The say they are on the way but there is no tracking for the ones from China that I can figure out anyhow. I just keep busy making the accessories and detail stuff and drawing up more ideas.

Twinkle made great progress today on hers. She hasn't had much time up until now with all the homework and final exams and all. Now that she is done school, she has jumped right in and made up for some lost time. Hers is absolutely adorable.

• Like 1

Selkie, any and all supplies counts!!! I am still eagely awaitn the __________ arrriving as they will most certainly set the scene when installed....

Looking forward t seeing your arrivals in place!

Hugs

oooohhhhhhhhhh i just came across a _____________ kit that will really finish off my fling. but will i have time to build it? hmmmm

I finished all the interior work for my basic kit shell over the weekend except for the ceiling. I had a pretty productive night last night considering the short amount of time I spent on the fling. I got 4 lights installed. I use a round wire/tape wire combo method so they are in place but not yet wired. I also got a single wall of addition #1 papered and the paper for the connecting wall cut but not pasted yet because I still need to cut a window opening in the wall. I'm making a custom window from bashed Houseworks windows for the third wall. That's my next task before I can finish addition #1...

...1 of 3 additions. Oh the intrigue! :lol: LOL

Still pondering about angles and how increasing or decreasing such things will affect the overall layout and appearenace... Will also need to order more basswood plain squares (or is it called square dowels???) as I am almost allout of those and need a few dimensions for the _______.

Love the sneak peaks and updates and can't wait to actually see more than sneak peaks, hmmm, wait I will take that back as I do need every day until end time as this is work done in a real snail pace...

Hugs

I'm finally back! Back from Duke Medical Center for an evaluation as a lung transplant recipient, but my COPD is not severe enough as yet. Glad to find out that there are a number of things that I can do, in the meantime, to improve my breathing.

At any rate, rather than being silent and just reading all of these wonderful and fun comments, I took the plunge and bought the whole package (and then some) for the Spring Fling! I do have a pretty clear idea of what I plan to do with it, but I'll wait until it arrives so that I can do a dry fit to see what it tells me. I always thought Holly was joking when she said that her houses tell her what they want to be... that is, until I heard it myself!!! Even though I'm not quite finished with my Garfield, reading about all the fun you guys are having pulled me in -- and, best of all, it's something that doesn't require significant exertion, so I can do it!

• Like 1

I'm finally back! Back from Duke Medical Center for an evaluation as a lung transplant recipient, but my COPD is not severe enough as yet. Glad to find out that there are a number of things that I can do, in the meantime, to improve my breathing.

At any rate, rather than being silent and just reading all of these wonderful and fun comments, I took the plunge and bought the whole package (and then some) for the Spring Fling! ..... and, best of all, it's something that doesn't require significant exertion, so I can do it!

Sorry to hear about your COPD. Hope you are able to find some quality help.

I have it too but I do pretty well with meds and inhalers and exercises.

The high humidity just about does me in though.

Glad you have decided to jump in and have some fun with all of us.

It's always so much fun. Just be super careful of the sawdust and paint/sealer fumes.

Sandy~ I am so happy you joined us.

All you sneak peaker flingers~ I am incredibly impressed with what you are sharing.

All you big hinter flingers~ It's fun to try and picture what you're describing.

As for me.........I posted something elsewhere that is a big hint in my fling except doing the math requires one teensy eensy missing piece. Hmmmm.....

This is by far, the best fling yet :)

I've been on steroids for about three years now, Holly, plus the inhaler. Now, I'm using oxygen during the day when exercising, that being something I couldn't do before. The O2 makes an amazing difference though. I start pulmonary rehab next week, too, so that should make a considerable difference in a short time -- if nothing else but to work off the effects of the steroids! Otherwise, I'm gonna be sitting in a puddle of fat (which can only make breathing harder)!

Thanks for all your good wishes.

I can't wait to get started on the SF! Whether or not I finish in time for the contest remains to be seen. I think I will, but the fun is always in the making -- and the very best part (I think) is waiting to hear what the build tells me. I really thought you all were nuts -- that is, until I heard it myself!!! I bought just about all the little bits and pieces because I have so many possibilities going around in my head. I'll be ready for anything!

cut more holes in the spring fling last night. its starting to look like a piece of swiss cheese. its so hard getting everything to line up nice. so far its all held together with masking tape.

Whenever I'm telling someone that the houses talk to me and get that glassy look from them, I explain that when decorating a RL house, if someone looks at a bare corner or wall, they see in their mind's eye what will fill the empty spot. That's the house talking to them. The person understands (or seem to) what I'm talking about. They may still think I'm nuts but that's okay, I happen to like it.

• Like 2

I am enjoying the enthusiasm flowing in this thread. Several times I've gone to the Greenleaf store to look at the Spring Fling but that squat little building just hasn't said anything to me, or at least I haven't heard it. It is such a detailed build with all of its very interesting accoutrements, but other than a shop on a boardwalk or a boathouse, the inspiration just isn't there. I have a feeling the two major builds I have in progress (the Beacon Hill in New Orleans and the Pierce/Bohemian Inn in Missouri) are sending strong "finish me first!" vibes that are blocking the creativity vibes!

Soldier on, y'all. I'm sitting this one out.