Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

but how can a 1/12 scale basic one room building need so many sets of stairs?

Ah-h-h-h-h ... and the intrigue begins - the plot thickens - the mystery deepens - the conniving, scheming, and conspiracies abound .... Bwwah- ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Like 2

(yea, I know, yours will be better)

Now, now, now, you need to go back and re-read the rules.

On page 396, paragraph 7, line 2, of the Spring Fling Manual, it clearly states:

"There shall be absolutely no self-deprecating remarks allowed throughout the duration of the contest, and in the years to follow".

• Like 6

Although mine is a pretty simple design, I do have a small set of stairs in it. Must be the Year of the Stairs.

Finally ordered the door pieces I need and my new table saw gets here tomorrow!

Can't wait!

• Like 1

Halloween seems so far away when you aren't actually building yourself but I know just how much pressure there is to finish by the deadline - no matter how much time you have been given so good luck flingers.

Not too late to join in the fun Jo !!!

We still need you.

• Like 1

my new table saw gets here tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Ooohhhhh, a table saw :wub:

Lucky you!

I use a lot of saws but table saws scare me... if I'm helping my dad with something he'll say "cut this with the jigsaw and that over there needs to be cut on the 'scary' saw".

the table saw has come to be known as the "scary saw" in my house. lol I will admit its crazy useful though.

• Like 1

I use a lot of saws but table saws scare me... if I'm helping my dad with something he'll say "cut this with the jigsaw and that over there needs to be cut on the 'scary' saw".

the table saw has come to be known as the "scary saw" in my house. lol I will admit its crazy useful though.

It's a mini table saw, so I figure I can't get into too much trouble, right?? =)

It's a mini table saw, so I figure I can't get into too much trouble, right?? =)

I recently obtained one and this week screwed it to my work bench. Couldn't find the plug. Only a little embarrasing to call customer service! It helps if one unwinds the cord from the bottom of the unit before screwing to workbench!! (The directions I think were not for a complete novice and machine challenged individual.)
  • Like 1

Use common sense when operating a table saw, all the safety measures and remember, that saw doesn't know the difference between your fingers and the wood.

I recently obtained one and this week screwed it to my work bench. Couldn't find the plug. Only a little embarrasing to call customer service! It helps if one unwinds the cord from the bottom of the unit before screwing to workbench!! (The directions I think were not for a complete novice and machine challenged individual.)

:giggle: I had a 'where's the #$! cord' problem with a kitchen appliance not too long ago...glad to know it's not just me.

• Like 1

so how big exactly is a MINI table saw? I might be willing to conquer my fear...

I have the MicroLux Mini Tilt Arbor. It is 10" long,11 1/2" wide and 7" tall. Weighs 11 lbs. Don't know how well I like it yet as I just set it up.Soon though, so I can start on the _______ part!
  • Like 1

I can find nothing online to prove what I KNOW I saw at fairs. That the Hawk Saw won't cut you. The company closed several years ago and someone new took over the product so it is still sold. The saws are $1000+. I don't see the under $400 one in the catalog anymore. I know, they're alot. But if anyone is really serious about a saw, there is a great you tube video on the Hawk Saw. I bet there are online videos for many of these products you are all talking about. Probably worth checking out.