Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Glad you like the teaser pic - all is not what it seems - chuckle.

Had a great finging day today - got the ************** stuck to the main building - fixed a few little gappy problems, finished the floor, made some door handles and even started on the roof - my supplies arrived today. First time I've done a roof like this so its a learning experience. I solved a lighting problem that was concerning me too - so all in all a pretty good day - just wish the good ones came a little more often. Even my husband is starting to see what its supposed to be and he has no creative vision whatsoever - lots of other qualities but imagination isn't high on the list either.

Wowzers !! Everyone is getting along so far with their flings.

I'm still at the "lives in the box" stage. Life hasn't let up for a second yet.

Graduation is tomorrow and regular school ends next week.

Then .... maybe ... I can take some time to find the tabletops and floors of my studio and wood shop so I can begin.

I think I'm going to have to pare down my ideas due to time limitations now but I'm still crossing my fingers that I can pull something off.

Congrats to everyone so far.

LOVE the teasers ... keep them coming. I'm living vicariously thru you guys right now.

Oh, I've GOT to quit reading this thread! DH and I don't feel up to making this cross-country move by ourselves this time (decreased muscles, decreased energy) so we had an appraiser from a moving company come over yesterday. I took him out to my craft cottage and said "EVERYTHING GOES!" Showed him the little Spring Fling sitting forlornly on the workbench. He admired my dollhouses - them measured them and tap-tapped on his computer. I'm afraid the rates went up right there but that's too bad. I have pushed aside my mini-endeavors for so many years, and at this stage in life have finally been able to indulge in my passion. NOTHING will be left behind - except my beloved craft cottage. But I'm swapping that for a full basement so I think I can adjust.

I'm trying to explain all this to Little SF - that he has to wait awhile :cry:

Finished all the big jobs on the main building so its just painting and a bit of landscaping and the interior accessories which I hope to make myself - done a few bits and pieces but plenty still to do. On Monday I plan to start on the little addition which will be scratch built - totally new experience for me. I've stared and stared and propped bits of wood here and there but I have no real idea how to do this - hopefully all will become clear once I actually start. It seems like a whole bag full of hassle for a bit that will be little more than landscaping in a way - not a real building in its own right.

Cheering on the rest of the flingers and Selkie - good luck I hope you manage to crack open the box next week.

• Like 1

I picked up all the wood I need for the landscaping today. Now just to figure out how to put all together the way I want it to look. No, I do not have the building done yet. lol. Still deciding on a few things there also. But it will get there. I should have most of tomorrow to FLING!! It is getting very dark out. I hope this means RAIN! We have not had any rain for about a month. Also very little in may. Fing on everyone.

I actually got the platform for the landscaping made. Now to "plant". I did some more painting on the builsing. I was productive this weekend! Felt good! Still a lot to do yet though. But it will get there. YEAH! :banana:

• Like 1

I'm at that point where I do a little, let that dry...do a little, let that dry. It's a lot of stop and start, but it is coming together! :D I got my lighting installed this weekend, too.

• Like 1

Spent today cutting plywood with a craft knife - would you believe how sore my arms and hands are. Have the bones of a****** and a ******* - just got a bit more plywood hacking to do tomorrow. I even made tabs n slots for my scratch built thingy.

Sounds like everyone is a WHOLE lot busier on this than me...ruh roh. I finally attempted to work on at least a tidbit of it today ~~~ a tree grows in Spring Fling-land, albeit a rather sad tree at the moment, no paint, no leaves...just a frame, but ~~~it is a start. Just seems too darn hot to work on anything, and my mind has been drifting more towards upcoming vacation than on Flingin'. I keep telling myself there will be plenty of time when I get back..and I'm still not leaving for 2-1/2 weeks!!..LOL How's THAT for procrastinating???

At any rate, I thought I'd throw in another teaser pic...been so windy here, this shot seemed rather appropriate. :bigwink: Now where did I put those tiny ruby slippers? <cackle>

post-2296-0-42169000-1340140760.jpg

Hmm...I suddenly want a pair of black and white wide striped socks! :D

:hmm: looking down, sees black and white wide socks on feet... LOL, now this sounds intruiging!!,

Hugs

Totally off topic, but had an amazing time in New Orleans, I have to move there. gave me amazing ideas and the desire to try and fling as best I can...may not get done in time but hey, it's flinging !

Thank you Holly for a wonderful visit , sorry we didn't get the time to spend more time! But you mustttttt get here and visit and do your check in to Ron's !

Brandaen

• Like 1

Not sure when, but I expect we'll have to do a trip to visit inlaws down your way. Y'all, Brandaen & friends are nice guests, and he's just as brilliant a miniaturist as all the other forum family members I've had the joy to meet.

Totally off topic, but had an amazing time in New Orleans, I have to move there. gave me amazing ideas and the desire to try and fling as best I can...may not get done in time but hey, it's flinging !

Thank you Holly for a wonderful visit , sorry we didn't get the time to spend more time! But you mustttttt get here and visit and do your check in to Ron's !

Brandaen

Welcome back Brandaen, So very glad you had a great time. That is probably an understatement.

ohhh brudder you are flinging :-) glad to know that. I use to like different shades of green but I am about to change my mind. Someone told me there are dings in the interior wood and I had not seen them until this morning when I put a first coat of paint on. Have to fill, dry and sand then go again. Thank goodness I am through with painting trims. Think I will work on the outside a bit after I do the filling.

ta,

lc

Glad you enjoyed your time in New Orleans Brandan and its great that you were inspired to start fingling - go Brandan.

I made lights today - ...................and they work (wipes sweat off brow)

I love making lights ! Can't wait to see !! I'm living vicariously through others while I get my self in order lol.

My flinging might be late but I have a tremendous idea ... It's making me crazy , but my wallet says .... No sir lol

Very pretty Kelly and incredibly neat I must say - I'm guessing you are nearly finished then. I've gone forward 2 steps and back 1 today. I wasn't happy with one of the things I made (an earlier sneak peek) so broke it apart and have to start again now. Its a good job we have the extra time this year.