A MODERN DOLLHOUSE?

aimeegirl

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has built and furnished a modern day dollhouse yet?

I see all these wonderful, beautiful houses, but I've yet to see one with a more modern feel.

Please share and show photos if you can!

Well, I am doing the Highland by Artply...but that is a '70's style. There was a member building a foamcore board house based on the Highland -can't recall his name though, sorry. His was quite modern.

I also started working on the RGT Build Along making a modern apartment....but haven't finished it yet.

I really like some of the modern rooms/houses I've seen and would love to do one! Check out this site: http://minimodern.blogspot.com/ This site is awesome!

It was me, Jennifer, who was doing the modern house out of foam core based on the Artply Highland. You can see it in my albums. Actually, all of my stuff has been fairly "current". There are always some pieces which are older (just like you would in a RL house) but I really just like ordinary, everyday furnishings... something made in the last 5 years or so.

I'm also eyeballing a house on brincadada.com and one done by elaine shaw (just google elaine shaw dollhouse). Although I'd never do it in my RL house, I do appreciate the sleek, modern look like the ones above. Its nice to do something different for a change.

Oh sorry about that Jennifer! :doh: Don't know why I was thinking it was a guy! oops.

Another great site is minimodernistas.com - great furniture pieces! I just splurged and bought a bunk bed for my Highland!:whistle: No one tell my hubby.

i almost giggled out loud at Muriel's houses, fabulous!!! (i probably need to poke through the gallery some more..)

i'm going modern Victorian with the Pierce.. mostly because I couldn't recreate old style Victorian with the books in front of me.. I have a hard time with time periods and i like some of the more modern Victorian styles i've seen on the internet..

lovely photos, all of them.. Muriel's flower tiles though made me want to giggle loudly with joy, they're awesome!

Muriel, I am crazy in love with your Village Hall bash.

One of my reasons for eyeing an Orchid covetously is that if I would want to do the interior super-modernist, with a Le Corbusier sofa and an egg chair and a lot of lucite.

My Storybook Sweetheart Cottage is furnished hipster, so partly contemporary modern, partly Mid-Century Modern.

may29bed.jpg

Edited by eilonwy

Oh sorry about that Jennifer! :doh: Don't know why I was thinking it was a guy! oops.

Another great site is minimodernistas.com - great furniture pieces! I just splurged and bought a bunk bed for my Highland!:whistle: No one tell my hubby.

I thought it was hilarious! There's no way to tell on some of these things since everyone has little "avatars" for their names. I did the same thing the other day, assuming someone with a great idea was a woman and then quickly adding "(or Mr.)" in the comment so I didn't make a total boob out of myself.

Whatever the exterior styles of my houses, the interiors are all set in present day.

The "most" modern exteriors are the Art Deco La Malcontenta and the beach cottage Westerly.

B)

post-47-0-50117100-1308336363_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-85340200-1308336383_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Sarah.

I bashed the Westville into the beach cottage that I want. I really can imagine myself living there, running down to the beach, and just having a great carefree summer.

B)

OMG Eilon! I love that BEDROOM! Sooooo cute! I have a chantilly, and I just may have to go modern inside it, all because I love what you've done so much, you've inspired me!

Checkmouse..awesome job on the buildalong! In fact, all the houses in this thread are real eye candy!

• 2 months later...

I have a modern doll house that I made from scratch. Sorry, I don't have any pics on here yet but you can check out my blog: minimodpod.blogspot.com. There are also many other blogs out there. Many aren't active any more but there are some great ideas out there (I have wasted many hours looking). Also, if you go to ficker and type in miniature modern there are some amazing pics on there too.