Beacon Hill update

Angieaug

I've finally finished the interior of my Beacon Hill, and the residents are officially moved in! I tried posting all the pictures I took of the third floor, but for some reason it wouldn't let me upload any more. Anyway, I'm going to to try to post a picture of the overall back of the house, and I will try again to post more interior shots to my gallery tomorrow.

post-1924-0-11724300-1306981671_thumb.jp

Thanks, y'all :)

Beautiful Angela. I also like all the curtains. Did you make them?

I made all of them except the ones in the second floor bedroom. The blinds on the top floor were cut from a breen bamboo placemat that I painted white and stained brown.

The Beacon Hill is one of my favorite houses, so the fact that you can alter it in a way where I truly love your variation is a credit to your talent and dedication. It is like the tenants on each floor have their own tastes and style of living, which makes it realistic. I particularly love the second floor, and if this apartment comes furnished, I would rent it in a heartbeat. The red bedspread and ladder back chair in the bedroom are different and give the room a country effect. The same can be said for the dark kitchen table and chairs by the window. And I like the fact that some rooms are painted while others are wallpapered. I like the mint green bedroom on the top floor and the living room desk against the wall on the first floor. - Be sure to collect at least two months security because you wouldn't want these tenants messing up the place.

I oogled and drooled all over your pictures this morning, they gave me happy thoughts all the way to work! I really liked your apartment idea, I think in real life many of these large older homes have been converted into apartments. Thanks for sharing your delightful project!

I oogled and drooled all over your pictures this morning, they gave me happy thoughts all the way to work! I really liked your apartment idea, I think in real life many of these large older homes have been converted into apartments. Thanks for sharing your delightful project!

Wow, thanks so much for your kind comments. :)

Megs - I got all the dolls from www.sandycalderon.com. She makes really nice affordable kits in a variety of ages and skintones. They're great, very expressive and realistic looking.

The Beacon Hill is one of my favorite houses, so the fact that you can alter it in a way where I truly love your variation is a credit to your talent and dedication. It is like the tenants on each floor have their own tastes and style of living, which makes it realistic.

It has always been one of my favorite GL houses too, and it was one of the few big enough to make apartments out of. It's like having three different different dollhouses in one!

Back in the day when we were living in apartments I'd have LOVED to be in such a pretty one! We spent an awful lot of time in little pieces of large houses trying to keep old furniture from falling apart! You surely brought back some "interesting" memories! :rofl:

Thanks Krista :wave:

Back in the day when we were living in apartments I'd have LOVED to be in such a pretty one! We spent an awful lot of time in little pieces of large houses trying to keep old furniture from falling apart! You surely brought back some "interesting" memories! :rofl:

That's exactly the scenario I imagined with the top floor apartment - a couple of young struggling students in their first tiny apartment. Most of the furniture is second-hand and it doesn't all match, but they've tried to make it as nice as their budget allows with plants and whatnots. Brings back memories for me too! :lol:

I love it! And I really like the dolls! These are the first dolls that I have seen that I really like and can afford - only problem is the wigs - where would you find hair for men that is really short - almost shaved?

It's an apartment house! That is so cool.

I love how you came up with the different kitchen arrangements for each apartment. They remind me a lot of actual apartments that I either lived in or considered living in -- the effect is both realistic and charming.

This is a most incredible Beacon Hill and a fine testament to your creativity and ability. I have to admit I am speachless.:flowers: :thumb: :flowers:

By the way, I, too, like the doll kits from Sandy Calderon.

B)